lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2020, 02:24 PM   #1
Agonzales
Not Yet Wild

Default 2015 Club Car Precedent ignition short?

Hi guys new to the buggies gone wild not to modifying the things I own.

bought a 2015 CC Precedent a few weeks ago upgraded the controller to Navatis 440 amp controller (awesome BTW much more torque and 22.5mph on stick motor) and decided I needed some lights so bought the Madjax ultimate LED kit.

So I installed the light kit as seen on the YouTube and as instructions described. However, when I powered it up running/parking lights where on constantly even if cart was off and turn signals would not work. Headlights and horn worked as intended and the cart was operating both Foward and Reverse.

so while I was troubleshooting the unprotected high beam connector from the light kit hit the ignition on/off switch creating a spark and I assume a short in the ignition or something else as the cart no longer will go. My Navatis bluetooth will also not able to see the changes in the key on/off or F/N/R switch.

Question is where and how do I begin looking for the short? Can I bypass the ignition switch just to test it? Where else could the short have occured FNR switch, Solenoid?

Thank you in advance to helping out a newbie to the forum get his cart back on the road.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Agonzales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 02:34 PM   #2
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2015 Club Car Precedent ignition short?

There is a 15 amp fuse near the controller...I would start there..Page 3 of the wiring diagram stickies has the wiring for your cart...Just an fyi...Always put the cart in tow and disconnect the pack negative cable when working on the electrical system...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 11:56 AM   #3
Agonzales
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin-on View Post
There is a 15 amp fuse near the controller...I would start there..Page 3 of the wiring diagram stickies has the wiring for your cart...Just an fyi...Always put the cart in tow and disconnect the pack negative cable when working on the electrical system...
Seriously l, Always put the cart in tow and disconnect main negative. I disconnect both now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 07-05-2020, 02:39 PM   #4
Agonzales
Not Yet Wild

Thank you! I will take a look later today and let you know. Thank you for the safety gram as well I am usually very cautious but must have forgotten this time.

thanks again

Old 07-05-2020, 08:36 PM   #5
Agonzales
Not Yet Wild

I went ahead and checked that fuse looks good. It was running from a harness to the left post of the solenoid.

Old 07-05-2020, 11:13 PM   #6
Agonzales
Not Yet Wild

Okay checked the wrong fuse I checked the 30amp in the upper right corner of the diagram. Followed the harness from the switch under the floor between the batteries and and found it a bit lower on the harness it's a brown tube fuse. Yes its blown, used my multimeter and tested for continuity... nothing!

I plan on running to the parts store in the morning. More to follow.

The forum and help I received in the short time had been a big help the diagrams are MONEY! Thanks

Old 07-06-2020, 04:35 AM   #7
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Should be a 15 amp ato fuse...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 11:41 AM   #8
Agonzales
Not Yet Wild

Replaced the 15amp tube fuse which was blown, still no dice. Where is the 2amp fuse indicated on the diagram says a red and white wire coming of a 4 pin connector?

Old 07-06-2020, 11:47 AM   #9
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That connector is for the Visage system, You don't need that fuse since it is not being used.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 11:55 AM   #10
Agonzales
Not Yet Wild

Followed the wire and found it in the same general location as the tube fuse just further down the harness. Definitely blown. Can I run a 10 amp just to test? It's what i have on hand.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car