lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2020, 08:30 PM   #1
clubcarman1
Getting Wild
Club Car

Talking 1995 Clubcar DS forward/ reverse switch

Recently purchased a 1995 clubcar ds 48 Volt. Having issues with power cutting in and out and have narrowed it down to the forward/ reverse switch. My question is I want to get a heavy duty one but I just can’t figure out exactly which one I would need for a 1995 48V. Almost every description describes a 1995 but then in the item Specs it says 96-and up. Are they the same?
Any info would be great!
Thanks again

Eventually I would like to lift it, bigger tires and do some upgrades so that’s the thought behind getting a heavy duty f/r switch.
clubcarman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2020, 08:59 PM   #2
clubcarman1
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1995 Clubcar DS forward/ reverse switch

Also I guess part of the problem could be with the pot box. I’m not to familiar with it but can say the cart is a late model 1995 (A9546) and to be honest would be interested in replacing that part as well as this cart has had a rough life outside and it just can’t hurt. If someone could steer me in the right direction for the correct part number for this pot box as well that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again
Old 07-06-2020, 09:25 PM   #3
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am not smart enough (yet!) to offer much advice, but that may not be the right switch based on upgrades that you may do later. I am converting my '86 DS to SS and bought a HD F&R switch, only to learn that it is not what I need for the conversion. I now have a F&R switch AND the correct set up for the transformation.

I am sure that someone smarter than me will be along to offer better advice, but you may want to think through the upgrades-and how soon you may be doing them-before you spend the money on a switch that you don't need like I did!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 09:32 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubcarman1 View Post
Also I guess part of the problem could be with the pot box. I’m not to familiar with it but can say the cart is a late model 1995 (A9546) and to be honest would be interested in replacing that part as well as this cart has had a rough life outside and it just can’t hurt. If someone could steer me in the right direction for the correct part number for this pot box as well that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again
That is more likely the problem than the FNR. Contact Dave at "Revolution Golf Cars" Just click on "Site Sponsors." You will have to upgrade to an MCOR 4.

That part is obsolete and no longer available.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:29 PM   #5
clubcarman1
Getting Wild
Club Car

I will be looking into the upgrade soon, I believe Dave is on vacation. For the time being the forward reverse switch currently on it is in pretty bad shape. Contacts looked burnt and crack in the plastic so I believe replacing should be in order. Just can’t seem to figure out which f/w switch would my part for a late model 1995 and if it should be HD or not
Old 07-07-2020, 04:39 AM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
I will be looking into the upgrade soon, I believe Dave is on vacation. For the time being the forward reverse switch currently on it is in pretty bad shape. Contacts looked burnt and crack in the plastic so I believe replacing should be in order. Just can’t seem to figure out which f/w switch would my part for a late model 1995 and if it should be HD or not
Well you left that part out in your first post.
Old 07-07-2020, 06:46 AM   #7
clubcarman1
Getting Wild
Club Car

Yeah i guess that would have been smart to mention as well, the crack doesn’t look like it would affect anything but at the same time the mcor upgrade and a new switch would definitely be the route I’m trying to take.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:27 PM   #8
clubcarman1
Getting Wild
Club Car

Sorry to bother everyone again, just really looking for any info on this f/r switch for a 1995.5 club car. Just can’t seem to find which one I should need..
Thanks again!
All the help on this site is amazing
Old 07-09-2020, 01:24 AM   #9
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Sorry to bother everyone again, just really looking for any info on this f/r switch for a 1995.5 club car. Just can’t seem to find which one I should need..
Thanks again!
Clubcarman. Look at the FNR you have. Look at the FNR you need to buy. Buy that FNR. There are vendors who will not totally specify for that era because there were early Regen Ones at that time and even they can be confused (see it all the time in year and sometimes month or week specific manufacture dates) and they are the ones selling the parts.

Look at what you have, compare that and buy that if you can't contact Dave. But I'm sure you can still buy from him. I doubt any FNR from that era cannot be used on your cart.
Old 07-09-2020, 05:19 AM   #10
Spoolx
Gone Wild

Quote:
Thanks again!
There are manuals in the sticky. Find your manual and then find the part number and google it
Spoolx is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car