lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2020, 11:53 AM   #1
CGSteve
Not Yet Wild

Default CC DS Roller - ID Electronics For Restoration

Purchased a roller that has had some of the electronics removed and I am not sure what I have or don’t have. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I would like to download a manual, but don’t know which one to buy.

Tag # AA0312-265445

He gave me the motor which looks like a 36V unit, but I see other references on the cart that cite 48V...not sure what I have.

Do I go back to factory stock or build out a DC drivetrain?

Sorry if this is a redundant thread, I searched but everything appeared to be stuff where folks knew their starting point. I appreciate any help you folks are willing to offer. Just need enough info to get me pointed in the direction of selecting the correct ship manual.

Thanks so much!

Respectfully,

Steve
CGSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2020, 01:26 PM   #2
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: CC DS Roller - ID Electronics For Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGSteve View Post
Purchased a roller that has had some of the electronics removed and I am not sure what I have or don’t have. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I would like to download a manual, but don’t know which one to buy.

Tag # AA0312-265445

He gave me the motor which looks like a 36V unit, but I see other references on the cart that cite 48V...not sure what I have.

Do I go back to factory stock or build out a DC drivetrain?

Sorry if this is a redundant thread, I searched but everything appeared to be stuff where folks knew their starting point. I appreciate any help you folks are willing to offer. Just need enough info to get me pointed in the direction of selecting the correct ship manual.

Thanks so much!

Respectfully,

Steve
You have a 2003 48 volt series drive. Can look it up on the sticky. Can’t tell by the picture of the motor if it is a 36 volt not sure if that would work with 48 volts. Some one with more knowledge will chime in.
Goober11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 02:35 PM   #3
CGSteve
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober11 View Post
You have a 2003 48 volt series drive. Can look it up on the sticky. Can’t tell by the picture of the motor if it is a 36 volt not sure if that would work with 48 volts. Some one with more knowledge will chime in.
Goober11,

The motor is indeed a 36V...so far things are not adding up on this jalopy, but we will get there! Appreciate you helping add another clue to the puzzle.

Respectfully,

Steve
Old 08-22-2020, 02:49 PM   #4
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

A 36V series motor will work fine at 48V. I'd find the wiring diagram for the cart (stickies) and just assume that someone replaced the motor with a 36V. The wiring diagrams will tell you more though.
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 08:25 PM   #5
CGSteve
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu1tm View Post
A 36V series motor will work fine at 48V. I'd find the wiring diagram for the cart (stickies) and just assume that someone replaced the motor with a 36V. The wiring diagrams will tell you more though.

fsu1tm,

Thanks for the help, I think I have it figured now.

Respectfully,

Steve
Old 08-23-2020, 03:55 AM   #6
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

What are your ultimate goals for the cart, and what's the timeline to budget ratio?
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 02:53 PM   #7
CGSteve
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakko47 View Post
What are your ultimate goals for the cart, and what's the timeline to budget ratio?
Hi Wakko47,

My ultimate goal is to make it run reliably so that my wife and kids can take a cruise through our neighborhood. I don’t need ludicrous speed or anything like that, just a cruiser.

As far as budget, I have not really set one since this is a project for me and the kids to to work on together. I’m not opposed to opening up the pocket boom, but don’t want to buy performance that’s not going to be used.

Respectfully,

Steve
Old 08-23-2020, 03:17 PM   #8
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Depending on what your plans are to simply get the car back on the road, it probably wouldn't take a whole lot to make it a 20 mph cart. We currently have two carts...one does 27-28 and the other does 15. Despite SWMBO being a slow poke driver, 15 is too slow for her and she prefers to drive the faster cart so that she can do 17-18. The ONE time she drove Turtle (the green DS), she complained the whole time. YMMV.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 03:41 PM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I believe they did make 36v cart in 03 so could be. How many heavy lugs are on the controller? And also look at the other end for information on the controller and on the solenoid.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 05:22 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
I believe they did make 36v cart in 03 so could be. How many heavy lugs are on the controller? And also look at the other end for information on the controller and on the solenoid.
All of the 36v carts after & including 1995 were resistor coil carts. I believe this cart began life as a resistor coil cart if it does have an original Crowfoot charge plug.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car