lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
ohmar99
gettin wilder with age

E-Z-GO

Default differance between

can anyone tell me the difference between medalist, txt and RXV. pictures would be helpful. I am guessing my yellow is a TXT and my white one is a txt also? was told they take the same rear seat. but some body parts are slightly differant. yellow is 1996 white 1997 but they have differant front and rear ends slightly on the body.

ohmar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2010, 02:39 PM   #2
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: differance between

best I can tell your pictures tell the story. It's the body.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:39 PM   #3
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Your white one is a Medalist and has a steel body. Your yellow one is a TXT and has a plastic body. Frames are the same, but the Medalist has upright metal supports to hold the seating area up. Rear suspensions are the same, front suspensions and steering are the same through 2001.5. Electrically identical if both are series carts.

The RXV is a whole new design and shares nothing with the Medalist/TXT series.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:33 PM   #4
ohmar99
gettin wilder with age

E-Z-GO

Thanks, but the new flip flop seat I bought will fit on either, correct? It looks just like the one on the yellow. I got it brand new for $265 thats as cheap as I could find and they told me it would fit either or, just not the marathon.
Is one any better than the other. Major weight differance? I noticed that the yellow one has a full body in the rear and the body of the white one stops much higher with something that looks like mud flaps.
and yes they are both DCS carts. does that mean series.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:44 PM   #5
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

The seat should work fine as long as the bagwell supports work out the same way. I think it will be fine. DCS carts (and PDS carts) are Sepex motor systems, very different from Series motor systems. Sepex carts have regenerative braking for speed control downhill, series carts will free-wheel downhill and pick up LOTS of speed if you're not carefull.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:56 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

DCS carts were made for a handful of years in the 90s. production ended with the success of the PDS model. The DCS carts tend to fry their speed controllers in low voltage situations .... I always suggest that every DCS cart owner invests in a state of charge meter before any other accessory. Mounted where you can see it as you drive uphill or in similar load conditions, it will let you know when to recharge to avoid a costly controller failure .......
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:48 AM   #7
ohmar99
gettin wilder with age

E-Z-GO

well the white one spells out Drive control system on the side, and it has a gas (battery) gauge on it. I think the yellow one is a DCS controls and setup look just like the white one.
Thanks for the tips, I would like to get a meter like the one in the white one.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #8
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmar99 View Post
well the white one spells out Drive control system on the side
You have my condolences.......

the best way to know for certain on the yellow one is to look at the controller cover, if there is a toggle switch on it, it's either DCS or PDS.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:10 PM   #9
ohmar99
gettin wilder with age

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
You have my condolences.......

the best way to know for certain on the yellow one is to look at the controller cover, if there is a toggle switch on it, it's either DCS or PDS.
yep, I hear that a lot. but they are working for me. yes toggle switch and I know its not a PDS. has the F-R lever below the seat.
Thanks
Old 07-15-2010, 12:21 PM   #10
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sorry bro, I have had so many issues with the DCS carts that I flat out refuse them as trades unless the customer is practically paying me to take them. And when we do get them in, we simply yank out the electronics and replace it with series components.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO