lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #11
tommypaul
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: looking for advice g1 lift kit

here those pictures smallblock450sl let me know what you think.
danman: yea I;m now thinking the jakes 6" looks like a better built kit to me.22x11 x10 tires with a 3-4 off set looks like it should work good to. it will spend most of my time off road but hope to take it with me to a few camp ground so i'm thinking like a xtrail tire. its ok guy let me know what you think i'm about to spend 700.00 or so on this guy so I want to be right. thx tommy paul
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001 (Large).jpg (165.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 002 (Large).jpg (168.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 003 (Large).jpg (101.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 004 (Large).jpg (125.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 005 (Large).jpg (109.7 KB, 0 views)
tommypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #12
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Definatly an 1983 or up. They didn't change from 1983 to when they stopped building them, so your good to order parts for that year range. Funny, but Yamaha didn't offer (as I recall) a stretched G1. We did it at our shop (was Cart Service Equipment then on Pacific Ave in Tacoma). Since you got it from a course (which one?) in Port Orchard, we probably built it. I'm in Puyallup on River Road, NW Yamaha Golf Cars, and like I tell everyone, your more then welcome to come over and talk to the old grey guy about your Yamaha, have had several members do just that. Sorry no lifted G1's on the lot. Good luck with your new toy
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #13
danman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

That lift and tires sounds like a good combo

I think that a limo G1 with a 6" lift, with a 3/4 offset would look slick maybe eve na 2/5 offset???
I have the sahara classic 22x10x10 on mine, and they are pretty similar to the xtrails.
danman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #14
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman View Post
That lift and tires sounds like a good combo

I think that a limo G1 with a 6" lift, with a 3/4 offset would look slick maybe eve na 2/5 offset???
I have the sahara classic 22x10x10 on mine, and they are pretty similar to the xtrails.
I agree. I use the Sahara Classic's also. I like the better all around use of the tire. Don't like my teeth chatering you get form the "lug" style tires.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #15
tommypaul
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

smallblock450sl I got it from mcormick woods. are you at the shop week end? or will need to stop by during the week.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:21 AM   #16
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommypaul View Post
smallblock450sl I got it from mcormick woods. are you at the shop week end? or will need to stop by during the week.
That makes sence, Mcormick woods was the first to have a fleet of G8's. I have bankers hours, 8 to 4 Monday thru Friday
Old 04-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #17
tommypaul
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

well I got my tune up kit and installed it runs great. also disconnected the bk/wh wire and it idle good. but i'm going to keep it connected I like the safety of it.i guess I just need to here it run. so I got to drive it around my yard ( there is a lot of off camber ground here) and now i'm kinda thinking maybe I should just go with larger tires made for none lifted cart and keep more stability. so what do you guys think ? I mean will this cart be more likely to roll over if lifted/loaded ? talk to me. thanks.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:25 PM   #18
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I don't think the limo is any more unstable than a standard length cart. The extended wheelbase shouldn't change the center of gravity any. Lifting will change the center of gravity, but if you also widen it with wheel spacers it should be just as stable, or better than stock. If you go with a LT or atv front end it will need pretty heavy shocks to help it "feel" more stable, although it will still handle better than stock. I don't know, what kind of money do you want to invest?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:03 AM   #19
tommypaul
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Smile Re: looking for advice g1 lift kit

thx slonomo : after getting a little more time with it. I will probably lift it. wheel spacers wouldn't that do about the same thing as off set ? also will I need to put stiffer shock on it ? or can I get by with stock shocks. thx.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha