lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default Clanking noise from engine or clutch area????

After installing my new severe duty belt on my 09 drive the cart has started making a new clanking noise when at wide open throttle in forward and reverse. It does not make this noise at wot in neutral. I even put the cart on jack stands to let the wheels turn freely in forward and reverse at wot and it does not make this noise.

I road around with the seat off to see what it might be. It makes the noise when at top speed and the engine vibrates pretty good side to side. I don't believe it's the clutches making the noise since it doesn't do it in neutral or forward/reverse while on jack stands. Is there something like a motor mount I can look for. Open to suggestions.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #2
rwt101
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Clanking noise from engine or clutch area????

Why don't you put the old belt on and see if the noise is still there.
Bob T
rwt101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha