lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2012, 11:43 PM   #6
rib33024

Default Re: EZ GO Electric Cart Clicks but NO movement Forward or Reverse!!

This is not an answer to the question that was asked,, a bit over?? what does that mean,, and dropped to about 5v, these are not answers,, batteries only last about 5 years, and yours are over due, when a battery drops to ABOUT 5 volts under a 100 amp load, that means your batteries are no good, when you step on the go pedal the motor is asking for 200 - 250 amps, so if your batteries are dropping to 5 v with a 100 amp load what are they dropping to with a 250 amp load??

here is a state of charge chart so you will better understand what the batteries volts should be, because 6v on a full charge, this is time to be charged, not time to drive the cart, You need new batteries, this is half your problem

A full charge is 6.37, and at 6.05 is time to recharge, hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Town777 View Post
I cleaned all battery posts and connections. I load tested batteries individually after they were disconnected from series in cart. I read mostly a bit above 6VDC and when I put 100 A load for about fifteen seconds, pretty much all dropped to about 5 VDC and stayed there. I do not think that is the problem either. Although, they are getting old and should be looked at in the near future.
Respectfully,
Town
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcascario View Post
Like Johnnie B was asking we need to know your pack voltage and individual battery voltages. If they are any under 6 volts it is probably your batteries. Fully charged is about 6.4v each. We cant move on or give you a direction to go until we know voltages.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO