lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-19-2020, 08:23 PM   #101
jwol
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Bad boy buggy problem shifting out of 4 wheel drive

Weird spinning of my wheels on this problem. While testing the throttle sensor I'm not showing any notable change in resistance over the range of motion between any of the 3 terminals. Between about 24kOhm and 34kOhm on every possible combination with no change over the sweep of motion. Weird, but I'd think definitely indicative of a failed sensor? Unless the resistance change is very small and my meter isn't up to the task.

Also, between frame ground and the plug for the throttle sensor, I'm showing 21V at on the center, 11V on one side, and 16V on the other. I know carts have weird frame voltages at times, but this seemed quite strange to me for what I believe is a 0-5V sensor.

Would sure love a little help if everyone else hasn't just totally given up on this. Everything involved in my troubleshooting here is EZGO components. It's the white capped "normal looking" throttle position sensor.

And to note once again, the cart reacts and drives perfectly, sans the code 2,3 -- and the rearend direction change actuator not actuating.
jwol is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2020, 10:00 PM   #102
jwol
Not Yet Wild

It really still doesn't make sense to me though. The cart obviously doesn't move at all in electric mode with the sensor unplugged but I still only get code 23. But with the sensor plugged in, it acts totally normally in electric mode which I interpret as the sensor being read correctly by the electric controller. So weird.
Old 11-20-2020, 02:35 PM   #103
jwol
Not Yet Wild

Well, now that I actually removed the sensor in order to test it, the electric side no longer works either and I'm DOA. Still with a code 23.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO