lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2009, 09:03 PM   #41
cpu77
Getting Wild

Default re: 295 head on 350 performance engine rebuild?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyton View Post
Boy, I hope it works!! I just ordered the hi-perf cam and a 26mm carb. I've got the head with SS valves and hi-rev springs ready to go., and wil be ordering the MSD next week.
I will need to mod the stock exhaust and we should be screamin' along @ 7,000rpm.
That will bring the price tag for the head to $820.00. the MSD and carb add 750.00.
Thats $$$ 1,570.00 in a $600. dollar motor. BIG BLOCK! It's cheaper!!
Or just put the stock 295 on it and run it!!
How much is the 26mm carb?
cpu77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2009, 09:33 PM   #42
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hi cpu77,
$350.00 Shipped with the intake, filter, linkage and all you need. (( hopE) I' ll post pics, it should be here Friday. It may not be up till Sat. or Sun., I have rotator cuff fixed Fri.
The pic I saw looks like a kiehen. (not positive) with the slide instead of the flipper. It should be pre-jetted pretty close.
Heck, I might as well price the blower now!! It can't cost any more than a couple of motors!! Let me know if you need the number.
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:49 AM   #43
cpu77
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyton View Post
Heck, I might as well price the blower now!! It can't cost any more than a couple of motors!! Let me know if you need the number.

Yeah I feel your pain I have all the same mods except the Carb and my head was ported and polished:) Any idea on the size of the stock 350 carb. Honestly I only have 10hrs on my souped up 350 so far. It is much faster than my old 295. I still would like more torque. If I was running stock tire height it would be much faster! I want faster take offs not a higher top speed. If someone made a gear reduction kit that would be great. I do have the 28 degree driven clutch. However all it does is try to keep the motor in it's power band not lower any ratios:( I wonder what my new mod motor and all these parts are worth? I may sell everything and my old 296 motor and see if I can swing a 23hp or 18hp with all the trimming.

Do you have a header? I have a Zemco one I like quiet a bit. Not loud at all and it does seem to pickup some top end.

As for the supercharger it would add the torque I want BUT....... it costs $1500 last I checked! That's the cost of a Vtwin kit!

Just clarify my list of mods are
Completly rebuilt 350cc w/new crank and pistons
New 350 Carb (I am having some bogging when a stomp on it. Not sure why)
Fast Fred MSD Setup ( I need to put a tach on it to see how far it's reving does not seem that high.)
Fast Fred Springs and stainless valves
Professionally ported and polished 295 Head
Uni Intake
Zemco Header
28 Degree Clutch
Besides a carb upgrade and his lightweight flywheel what else is there? I think displacement is the killer for me.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:56 PM   #44
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm learning as I go, but I think thats about as far as you can go.

I just found out the blower is designed for lower compression 350 head. It will run on pump gas. If you put it with the 295/350 build you would need race gas or ALCOHOL!
I'm supposed to acquire another used 350, I have buildable 350 heads!!
I'm sooo confused now!!
For now I' going to complete the 295/350 (like yours) and see what I think, then, go from there.
I've never driven a big block golf cart, so I will have no comparison. Hopefully, ignorance will keep me happy for a while.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:10 PM   #45
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Oh, no I haven't bought the header. It will be a zemco, or possibly, custom built. I need pistons, boring, the header and then we're ready.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:17 PM   #46
cpu77
Getting Wild

When your carb arrives can you take some pictures?
Old 04-29-2009, 09:19 PM   #47
TRAP4KAT
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Who is fast fred? Whats the benefit and cost of the stainless valves? How do you get in touch with FF? website?
Thanks
TRAP4KAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:47 PM   #48
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes, I will post pictures of the kit.
Valves are $16.ea. springs are 6.00 ea. It was 96.00 at my door. PM him here. He's from Havasu.AZ. He has everything.
Valves are lighter, stronger and the springs allow for the higher RPM without foating.
If you want higher RPM you need a new ignition!!
Look!! Theres a number on my sticker
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SANY0140.jpg (70.9 KB, 23 views)
Old 04-29-2009, 11:31 PM   #49
TRAP4KAT
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thumbs up re: 295 head on 350 performance engine rebuild?

Thanks
TRAP4KAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:02 AM   #50
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

cpu77,
I was thinking about your wanting more bottom end (or torque).
I have 22x11-10 Alltrails, my cart was ok. I put on a 2 ply 22x11-8 and the weight of the tires made a noticable difference. Also, 23's are pretty big!
One other thing, When I raced motorcycles, some riders would add weight to the fly wheel to make their powerband more managable. Smoother off the bottom end.
If the difference is weight in flywheels is substansial, you would feel more PUNCH at the very bottom and it should rev quicker. I might try it!! Just a thought. good night.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO