lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2021, 08:40 AM   #1
kellett5261
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EzGo Workhorse Brake's

Morning guys,

I am looking for option's on disc brakes for a Workhorse . I have a HF 670 BB and wanted to upgrade the brakes to disc but cant get my order fulfilled from Jake's, been waiting almost 8 months.

I have the power & speed but I have little to no brakes right now so I parked the cart so we don't get into an accident, I am tired of waiting.

I'd rather have disc than the factory drums, I am at the point of just ordering complete drums and new cables unless some can point me in a better direction.

thanks!
kellett5261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2021, 08:17 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: EzGo Workhorse Brake's

The stock rear drum brakes should be more than adequate in stopping power. The risk with this type of setup is if you are going faster than 15 mph (stock speed) and lock the rear wheels up, you can go into a skid and get sideways. Very dangerous.

With that said, a properly set up drum brake system should be plenty powerfull enough to slow that cart down. Cost wise, you'd be better just getting all new components, plus you wouldn't have the wait time.

I've seen the rear disc brake setups from Ausco. I have one on one of my carts. To be honest it doesn't stop any better than the drums and they are noisy IMO.

On my main cart, I switched the entire front suspension to an atv front end with the hydraulic disk brakes. That's an option. It wasn't that difficult, although there was some fabrication/welding work. I must say, that's the best mod I've ever done to my cart.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 11:43 AM   #3
kellett5261
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EzGo Workhorse Brake's

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
The stock rear drum brakes should be more than adequate in stopping power. The risk with this type of setup is if you are going faster than 15 mph (stock speed) and lock the rear wheels up, you can go into a skid and get sideways. Very dangerous.

With that said, a properly set up drum brake system should be plenty powerfull enough to slow that cart down. Cost wise, you'd be better just getting all new components, plus you wouldn't have the wait time.

I've seen the rear disc brake setups from Ausco. I have one on one of my carts. To be honest it doesn't stop any better than the drums and they are noisy IMO.

On my main cart, I switched the entire front suspension to an atv front end with the hydraulic disk brakes. That's an option. It wasn't that difficult, although there was some fabrication/welding work. I must say, that's the best mod I've ever done to my cart.
Roger that! I am pricing out new rear complete drums and new cables, I would still like to run the disk is the front just for extra stopping power, I wanna switch my ring gear to 6:1 so I can run lower RPMs around 20 and just cruse around without hearing my loud v-twin. I really want my long arm kit to come in so I can finish my cart very annoying I cant get it but it will show up one day. ATV breaks don't sound like a bad idea too, maybe ill shop around for a parts bike. How did you hook up the master cylinder?
kellett5261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO