lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #101
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 8 T-105s Under The Seat Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
However, the key phrase was "almost tempted", so don't worry about me showing up with toolbox and test equipment in hand.

------------

Did the Metrology 101 help?
You're always welcome to visit, though we do live a ways apart.

YES, Metrology 101 was very informative. Thanks! I've never looked into how meters worked. I tore a bunch apart when I was young, but I assumed volt meters measured volts and amp meters measured amps. I knew about the resistors on both, and have played with them using Excel spreadsheets and an old-school AmProbe, to calibrate a panel meter for my Tesla Coil. I took a CT, and an analog panel meter, and scanned, modified, imported to Publisher, and printed the label. The attached .pdf is the result, though I played with printer settings to get it B&W.

The final photo shows:
power light
amp meter, VFD, Volt meter
Key switch, Start, dv/dt
Enable VFD, VFD frequency (0-500Hz), Mushroom kill, Voltage joystick (0-280v)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ct.jpg (63.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg meter1.jpg (69.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg controller06.jpg (108.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg controller11.jpg (61.2 KB, 8 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Amp Meter.pub.pdf (129.1 KB, 2 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #102
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I made a bracket to mount my 48 volt to 12 volt converter under the charge receptacle. I mounted a ten terminal strip and a six fuse block on the side. I'm gonna power it from the charger adapter, since I already have the 48 volts right where I need it. The positive has an inline fuse, and the negative has to be larger, as the converter has a common negative, which make it possible to connect my stereo memory wire from a set of batteries, with negative being common to the converter. I'll use the third position on my three position key switch to power all accessories, including the horn.

I hope I never have to change any fuses, as they will be tough to get at. I may have to pull the battery to make landing my wires easier. I have sixteen wires going to the terminals and fuse blocks to power my headlights, tail lights, dome light, wig-wag, neon lights, power outlet, stereo, and my Alltrax ExRay, which does speed, voltage, odometer, ambient temperature, and motor temperature.

While I am installing my rotary switch, I'm going to change my rear light to a three position switch and have off, on, and brake light. I feel safer with the rear light always on at night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2301.jpg (144.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2302.jpg (148.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2306.jpg (178.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2307.jpg (172.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2308.jpg (172.1 KB, 7 views)
Old 03-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #103
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

More pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2305.jpg (176.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2311.jpg (176.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2312.jpg (134.3 KB, 4 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO