lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2011, 09:12 PM   #1
mattpatt
Not Yet Wild

Default 85 EZ Go Cylinder Head

Not sure if I'm using the correct terminology or not but I was wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase the piece that I call the cylinder head. It's the part that bolts down on the cylinder itself that the spark plug screws into. Again, I apologize for my lack of knowledge. Thanks for any help.

Matt
mattpatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2011, 08:46 AM   #2
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: 85 EZ Go Cylinder Head

That is the cylinder head Matt what happened to yours?
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:39 AM   #3
mattpatt
Not Yet Wild

Lower right bolt hole...looks like half of the top of it is missing... Just discovered this yesterday when I was tearing into the motor...

Old 12-31-2011, 12:20 PM   #4
racin161
Gone Wild

Yep I would try to find one if you can. Another try would be to die grind it as flat as possible then stack thick washers to make up the difference if all else fails. Should work that way. Also be sure to make sure the head surface is flat you can do this by using a piece of tempered glass and sand paper run it back an fourth 45 degree angles to see the high and low spots keep going until it's flat. That's my poor way.
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:59 PM   #5
mattpatt
Not Yet Wild

Does anyone know of a vendor who sells them?
Old 01-02-2012, 08:59 AM   #6
Motorman 007
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpatt View Post
Does anyone know of a vendor who sells them?
Don't know whether you have a 2pg or 3pg engine but here is one for a 3pg on EBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EZ-GO-Golf-C...-/180776132337
Motorman 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:21 AM   #7
mattpatt
Not Yet Wild

It's a 2pg.. I saw that one on ebay.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #8
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If you put a good hardened washer under your bolt you can still use the head for awhile till you find a head. From the picture you still have over half the hole so with a washer it should torque down straight. Make sure when tightening that bolt that it is the last one you tighten as you criss cross while torqueing it down.Work up to your final torque spec.
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #9
1lane66
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Have you thought of using some of the metal putty that Permatex makes. With the head cleaned real good in the damaged area it should stick and harden up to where you can at least have an even surface to put the bolt up against . You could even put a flat washer on the compound while it is still wet, press it down flat and let it dry. That should give you a nice suface to work with till you can find another one.
1lane66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #10
mattpatt
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lane66 View Post
Have you thought of using some of the metal putty that Permatex makes. With the head cleaned real good in the damaged area it should stick and harden up to where you can at least have an even surface to put the bolt up against . You could even put a flat washer on the compound while it is still wet, press it down flat and let it dry. That should give you a nice suface to work with till you can find another one.
No I hadn't thought about that but that's a very good idea! I'm going to go out to our local cart shop tomorrow and see if he has one. I was in there a while back and he said he had a few 2pg parts if I ever needed anything. Maybe he'll have a spare cylinder head.

Matt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO