lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2012, 09:56 AM   #11
Nate69
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Compression Test

great idea dave >>>
Nate69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2012, 10:07 AM   #12
Firebob
Not Yet Wild

Dave thank you for all your advice as I will try all this tomorrow when I get home from the fire house. Hopefully it is something very simple and fixable. You have been of great help and I will reply as soon as I check it all out.

Thank You
Bobby
Firebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #13
Nate69
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

hey dave not to steal trend but i have a lack of gas to engine ? both filters look empty after i drive it a min or so , any ideas ?
Nate69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:38 AM   #14
Firebob
Not Yet Wild

Hi Dave,

Well I inspected the piston to make sure it is in right and it was, the port was facing the carb. So far this is all I had time for yesterday. I did another compression test with a brand new tester and still just got 90psi. Still low by at least 20psi so now I am a little concerned sinse the cylinder, piston and crank seals are new. I will try the running test with the govenor taken off tomorrow. Now I feel stuip because I am not 100% sure which cable that is. I have a brand new carb for this cart that I am considering putting on also. I will check all gaskets and the reed assembly as well.

Thank You
Bobby
Old 04-19-2012, 06:19 AM   #15
racin161
Gone Wild

move the foot pedal with the seat off and look at the driven clutch lower side there will be a lever moving.The cable moving the lever will be your governor follow that cable to the carb.

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:40 PM   #16
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Bobby, No matter which way you cut it 90 psi is just wrong. If you are sure that the head is on tight and the head gasket is good then I would be looking at a broken ring. Perhaps it is time to pull that cylinder off again.
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:54 AM   #17
Firebob
Not Yet Wild

Still having compression issues so I am trying to sort through everything. I want to know if the reed assembly could cause issues ? Also which way is it supposed to go in ? I feel like an idiot !!!!! Any help would be appreciated and thanks to all who have responded to my problems.

Bobby
Old 04-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #18
Firebob
Not Yet Wild

Never mind on the reed valve assembly. It looked good so I cleaned it and reinstalled with a new carb. Still only blowing 90PSI so I am truly lost at this point.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #19
bananaman
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Pull the head and see if it is warped?
bananaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:05 PM   #20
Firebob
Not Yet Wild

Brand new cylinder and piston. Along with gaskets. I'll look at the head. Thanks. Any other advice ?

Bobby
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO