lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2013, 09:38 AM   #1
pcmagnut
Not Yet Wild

Default speed switch?!?!?!

Well apparently this wasn't a very good way to do this it seems like everybody had troubles with these.
As I said in my first post my switch was missing. But what it looks like to me is possibly reed switches closed by a magnet. And what I understand is you cant take the old one apart.I don't see how that is worth 360.00 bucks.. why hasn't someone made an aftermarket one? I see some people making homemade ones and maybe that's what we need to do! Where does ParCar stand on this. I mean cmon this is a simple part doesn't have to be programmed or anything like that!!!
I'm sorry this actually turned into a rant.
I will see what I can come up with.
Pat
pcmagnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: speed switch?!?!?!

ParCar isn't going to come up with a fix for a 21 year old cart. The fix would be to upgrade to a new cart, or at least to a new system. The frame and body are probably okay.....

Might want to look at converting the system over to an Alltrax or Curtis powered system with just a potbox.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar