lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #31
jay_in_cgohio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Jakes double a arm lift for 98 club car.

I really like the color. Cant go wrong with green
jay_in_cgohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #32
charliew13
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Jakes double a arm lift for 98 club car.

I think the jakes lift is probably a better engineered lift.

I guess you got all the sus probs worked out but thought I would add my .02. I have just installed the 7.5 alsports lift on a 97 cc carryall6 and while the cart is up off the ground the front tie rod drags on the top of the frame. The only way to change that is to shorten the little struts from the spring to the lower a-arm and that lowers the lift. Also my carryall has three bumpers on the springs so there is no free travel when it is on the ground with the strut 1/2 shorter so I will need to move the upper shock mounts out to give more shock travel. I also need to make new struts to put the lift back to 7.5 in the front but I think I will need to raise the tierod to keep it from dragging on the top of the frame in full droop. Kinda crummy to need to re-engineer a lift kit. I bet my application is not the only one that the tierod drags on the frame when it is jacked up. All that needed to be done was the spindle arms needed to be a little higher when they were engineered.
charliew13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car