lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2013, 11:02 PM   #91
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Reversing Contactors from Scotty'B ???

The rocker switch can have power full time from the battery or part time from the key or momentarily from the main solenoid.
It will work all of these 3 ways. The center pin(s) on the rocker is simply a power supply for the rocker switch.

If you power it straight from the battery be sure to put the rocker switch in N when you leave it so the contactor is not left energized for long periods of unused time.

If you power it by the key make sure you put the switch in N or turn the key off when you leave the cart unattended or unused.

If you power it from the Main contactor it will activate the rocker switch when the main solenoid activates. This way the contactor will only engage when the gas is pressed & it will be okay to leave the rocker in F or R and the key on when the cart is unused or unattended.

Like everything else about these little carts = there is more than one way to skin this cat.
Above are just 3 ways + somebody else may have a better way?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #92
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Got my controller back from ALLTRAX, installed it, programmed it and she ran like hell!!

Now to the reverse contactor install....
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:07 PM   #93
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Does this help? With approval of course..
I wired it up this way and nothing... No solenoid click in F or R. I checked all the wiring before I tried anything and it was right.

I disconnected the blue wire from the switch and wired straight to the bat + side and wired the 1/2 speed wire to the switch as is in Scotty's diagram and it worked... Except F was R and R was F.

I marked the cables from the old F&R switch as Scotty has in the directions and hooked them up that way. Then before I tried it I traced down the cables and S1 and S2 were reversed. Strange when just yesterday they were correct.

Any way, it is running now.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:16 PM   #94
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Az, sorry that what I posted didn't work for you. I based it on a standard EZ-Go series diagram so red should have been +36 from the reed switch and blue fed the pedal switch. So now that I think about it the reversing solenoid would be active if the FnR was in F or R no matter what the other switches state. Ok fire me.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #95
mike777
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by azTony View Post
I wired it up this way and nothing... No solenoid click in F or R. I checked all the wiring before I tried anything and it was right.

I disconnected the blue wire from the switch and wired straight to the bat + side and wired the 1/2 speed wire to the switch as is in Scotty's diagram and it worked... Except F was R and R was F.

I marked the cables from the old F&R switch as Scotty has in the directions and hooked them up that way. Then before I tried it I traced down the cables and S1 and S2 were reversed. Strange when just yesterday they were correct.

Any way, it is running now.
ah, just as I recommended on the blue wire... and mine was same way f was r etc. "jonnie Bs" findings....
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tml#post939439
mike777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:46 PM   #96
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Just reverse the switch, snaps in either way.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:52 PM   #97
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes - F is R
It's on the updated diagram you got see note above switch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0.2reversing-contactor-EzgoTXT.jpg (204.0 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:42 AM   #98
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by azTony View Post
Then before I tried it I traced down the cables and S1 and S2 were reversed. Strange when just yesterday they were correct
Gremlins.

Glad it's working.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:25 AM   #99
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Just reverse the switch, snaps in either way.
Yep my thoughts exactly until I started down the road in a "not so quick" motion and I thought WTF!!

Then it immediately hit me, the 1/2 speed wire needs to be switched.

I am not a fan of cartton type schematics, I like the schematics that show the accurate representation of the DPDT switch since there are variations of the switches.

At any rate it is in and seems to be working. DIsappointed in the speed so far but I need to adjust my toe and figure out a good tire pressure that will work for me.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #100
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I went hunting this week…..first day of Pa. Buck season. While doing a little pre opening day scouting on my cart….the "heavy" smell of burning became very apparent….along with a great drawdown of power on my batt meter while climbing a long hill. Now, just the week before I was climbing a mountain in\near Seven Springs ski resort Pa.. So, you know these are true mountains. I was having no difficulties then. But I knew this was more than a loose bolt.

Here's the pics. I think I'm now into the "replacement mode" of my ScottyB Reversing Contactor that I've had for about a month now. Ya think??

DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO