lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 08:11 PM   #51
gtornai
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Yamaha governor bypass

**** yea!!!!! thats ****** badd *** it is raining were i live so i was just drifting like ****....
!!!!! thanx alot man that helped hellllllaaa but do u think if i put a bigger screw in its place it would go even faster??
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2008, 08:20 PM   #52
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtornai View Post
**** yea!!!!! thats ****** badd *** it is raining were i live so i was just drifting like ****....
!!!!! thanx alot man that helped hellllllaaa but do u think if i put a bigger screw in its place it would go even faster??
Glad it helped! I have never tried a longer screw, I don't know if it would work. Just remember the screw end has "slots" in it to "catch" onto the spring. Try it and post! Later dave
Old 04-22-2008, 08:33 PM   #53
gtornai
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Glad it helped! I have never tried a longer screw, I don't know if it would work. Just remember the screw end has "slots" in it to "catch" onto the spring. Try it and post! Later dave
ok cool ill make sure that spring went into the little slot to..... idk if i wanna risk meassin anything up with the longer screw so ill let someone else on here try it haha
Old 05-06-2008, 11:53 AM   #54
Subarumouse
Gone Wild

Hello all,

Like in another thread (Club Car).

If your Yammy has splashlubrication, so no oilpump, do not exceed 5-5500 revs, because than the oil wil tear down and can't lubricate the engine.
If you are driving all the way with that revs and not for a couple of minute's, drive less (max 4000) revs!
Mineral or synthetic oil doesn't matter!

If you want still going more than 4000 continuisly, by and build in a centrifugallubricationsystem and get better lubrication of the crank by drilling oilchannels in the cranck and bearings in the bigend?(on the cranck)
Then toprevs to 6500 are no problem (for the lubrication, not for the valvesprings!!!!)

Save revs over 5000 are only possible with big changes in the engine.

-Centrifugallubrication
-Synthetic oil
-Hardened and stronger valvesprings.
-Bearings in the bigend
-Extra oilchannels in the cranck
-Special fasteners on the valves
-Hardened rockers.
-Balancing of the cranck
-Bigger carb
-Building OUT the revlimiter IN the engine!!!!!!!

This gives more revs and a bit more power.

Drilling, polishing and milling the ports, head and so on gives up to 32 HP and max 7000 revs on a Honda GX390.
Than its better to build it over to watercooling, so you don't need a fan.
When it is done right, this engine holds about 50 hours till overhouling

This Honda will cost, including new stock engine about 2700 Euro /$ 4500 complete with Carb and exhaust.

Better get a V twin or so.......

What's the meaning of this story?
Nothing without more money as you want to pay......if you use a basic engine and don't want to build in a bigger one.

Benno
Old 05-09-2008, 09:56 PM   #55
engineman44
Not Yet Wild

hey i think i have same cart i did that to mine cause i broke one of the cables but i would give it 1/2 throtle and it will bog which screw should i adjust?
Old 05-18-2008, 02:13 PM   #56
Don Greeer
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Gary

I did not see any thing on the site and u can slap me for asking but can I do this to my yamaha g1
Old 05-27-2008, 03:48 PM   #57
Dark_Aaron
Gone Wild

Yamaha

thx i will have to try that when i get the push rods to stop sticking
Old 05-31-2008, 04:00 PM   #58
clintone
Not Yet Wild

thanks for the post. I did it (I can't believe I was able to) and it works. I hoping you can help with one thing. When I'm drive full at full speed (which isn't really full speed because I didn't adjust the pedal to pull the cluch all the way open) it cuts out. Almost as if the governor cuts it out but not until a higher speed. I've got the governor held shut so I don't think it's that. Maybe just need to adjust the carb? Can you help. Thanks clint My first post by the way.....love the site
Old 06-10-2008, 08:42 PM   #59
yamaha_78
Not Yet Wild

Can u put the governer back on
Old 06-11-2008, 08:57 AM   #60
clintone
Not Yet Wild

yes, I can hook the cables back up to it
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha