lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 10:50 AM   #61
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha governor bypass

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintone View Post
thanks for the post. I did it (I can't believe I was able to) and it works. I hoping you can help with one thing. When I'm drive full at full speed (which isn't really full speed because I didn't adjust the pedal to pull the cluch all the way open) it cuts out. Almost as if the governor cuts it out but not until a higher speed. I've got the governor held shut so I don't think it's that. Maybe just need to adjust the carb? Can you help. Thanks clint My first post by the way.....love the site
What kind of cart do you have? It sounds like your internal rev limiter is kicking in. Does the engine fire right back up once you let off the gas or does it bog down afterwards?
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2008, 08:05 AM   #62
clintone
Not Yet Wild

it's a yamaha but I don't know what model. It kicks back in right after it revs do abit. just long enough for me to let off the pedal and engage the pedal again.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:27 AM   #63
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintone View Post
it's a yamaha but I don't know what model. It kicks back in right after it revs do abit. just long enough for me to let off the pedal and engage the pedal again.
You need to see what model it is because some models have the internal rev limiter and some dont.

Which of these does it look more similar too?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yamaha g16.jpg (76.2 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg Yamaha g2.jpg (9.9 KB, 68 views)
Old 06-12-2008, 12:06 PM   #64
clintone
Not Yet Wild

It looks just like the G2
Old 06-12-2008, 02:16 PM   #65
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

Ok if its a G2: The cause of your problem is from you overeving the engine causing the internal rev limiter to come on. This is probably caused because your clutches are worn out and when you by passed the governor it allowed it to get to too high of an rpm. I would reccomend you try not to let it rev that high because its bad for the engine and if you do it enough you are just asking for engine failure.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:26 PM   #66
clintone
Not Yet Wild

OK I'll have set my pedal so I won't over rev the engine. Thanks for your help
Old 06-13-2008, 06:38 PM   #67
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

Anytime!!
Old 07-02-2008, 04:15 PM   #68
travisty
Not Yet Wild

In the pictures at the first of this thread I noticed that the filter canister box and been bypassed and a cone filter was clamped right to the intake on the engine.. I went searching yesterday to every parts store in town and could not find a cone filter that had an 1 1/2 inch opening! where can I get one or does anyone have any other suggestions I'm tired of those old canister filters. Thanks

Travis

By the way my cart is a 92 G8
Old 07-03-2008, 02:09 PM   #69
shawn.m
Gone Wild

that is a motorcycle universial K&N filter.

I also have picutures of my 3" k&N air filter setup on my G9. fairly easy to set up
Old 07-03-2008, 02:15 PM   #70
travisty
Not Yet Wild

Thanks a lot! so should i order that through k&n's website or is there a better channel to go through? Also, i would like to see the pics of the three inch set up. thanks,

Travis
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha