lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2008, 09:34 PM   #1
crashdawg
Not Yet Wild

Default new solenoid still no start.

cart clicks (once) when pedal is pressed but wont start. Replaced solenoid and brushes in the generator, still no go. Are all of the solenoid posts supposed to be "hot" when key is on? Thanks for the help!
crashdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2008, 09:30 AM   #2
hdpickup
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: new solenoid still no start.

I just went through the same issue. On the solenoid, one big post should be a battery cable, the other big post is a heavy white wire that goes to the starter/generator. The little posts should be, blue wire on one post that gets voltage (+12) when you turn the key on and the other post is the orange wire which is grounded when the pedal is pushed.
I had a time with mine until I studied it real well. You can ground the orange post with a jumber wire and work backwards through micros etc until you find the problem. Mine turned out to be a bad micro that was making and braking connection. Changed the micro and I'm back in the wind.
Hope this helps.
hdpickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:28 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

jump the large post on solenoid to see if cart turns over.........its not uncommon to get a bad solenoid and a clicking solenoid dosn,t mean its good........where did you buy your solenoid................are you sure its the solenoid clicking and not the micro switch..................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:40 AM   #4
crashdawg
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info. I purchased a brand new solenoid from club car but put it in backwards (genius), I just replaced it (again) and made sure of the direction before the install. Which posts would I jump to test? do I risk damaging the solenoid? Should the little post with the orange wire not be hot once the gas pedal is pressed. Thanks for the help!
Old 10-08-2008, 02:59 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

no you won,t damage it by jumping it, if you jump it and cart turns over than theres a good chance its bad unless your missing something.......there should be a wiring diagram up in the stickies.......................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:00 AM   #6
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum crashdawg.................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:14 PM   #7
crashdawg
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Rudy. Thanks to everyone for the help. looks like I needed a solenoid AND a micro switch.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:37 AM   #8
Jmueller
Not Yet Wild

im doing the same replacement on monday when the parts come in.. the selinoid was def bad, and still i have no start, so im replacing my micros..

Hopefully she will be purring soon!
Jmueller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
94 club car wont start
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car