lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-18-2020, 09:20 AM   #161
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Charging System Troubleshooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee01 View Post
Was this directed at me?

My club cars have a light blue wire at the positive on the pack positive battery that goes through a fuse then to the 48v to 12v reducer
How about the red positive wire from the charger receptacle?

If it goes to a battery post it should be the pack positive battery post.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-18-2020, 09:23 AM   #162
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Hi, I have a 2010 Transporter 4 48v club car.

Charger kicks on 10amp baterries have 55 volts while charging but my battery status light never goes up. It will go down while driving. Only way to reset it is the disconnect the ground then recconect

OBC is brand new and so are batteries. Was having this problem before changing out both
Those factory lights (bars) are notorious for being faulty and undependable. On my boys 2017's, one of them do that and he has to cycle the Run/Tow to get it to reset.

Two things:
1- Check your pack voltage ~12 hours after the charger has cut off. (Should be 51 volts)

2- Invest in you and good quality DVM to replace that meter in your dash. scottyb has good ones.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 01:31 PM   #163
Banshee01
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
How about the red positive wire from the charger receptacle?

If it goes to a battery post it should be the pack positive battery post.
It does not go to the batteries. The only cable other than the battery cables are a light blue wire that goes to a fuse then to the 48v/12v reducer. Both of the 48v club car transporter 4s I have are this way.

When i plug the charger in i hear it kick on and it is drawing 10amps while pumping the batteries up to 55 volts currently

I swapped chargers for now with the 2 club cars. Going to leave them plugged in over night.

If this doesnt solve my problem I am going to pull the 2 front batteries to remove the cover over my obc/controller/solenoid. I can tell you where that red wire from the charger is going after that.
Banshee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 01:33 PM   #164
Banshee01
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Those factory lights (bars) are notorious for being faulty and undependable. On my boys 2017's, one of them do that and he has to cycle the Run/Tow to get it to reset.

Two things:
1- Check your pack voltage ~12 hours after the charger has cut off. (Should be 51 volts)

2- Invest in you and good quality DVM to replace that meter in your dash. scottyb has good ones.
Thanks I swapped the light bars on the 2 club cars I have. My fear is if the light bar is not showing full charge does this mean the obc does not know this and will not shut the charger off?

I will check the battery voltage in the morning
Old 10-18-2020, 04:14 PM   #165
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
-snip-
If this doesnt solve my problem I am going to pull the 2 front batteries to remove the cover over my obc/controller/solenoid. I can tell you where that red wire from the charger is going after that.
You will probably find it on the Battery side post of the main contactor (solenoid). Someone may have ran it there to get it out the battery bay.

If you are reading 55 volts charging and the cart is operating, then it is charging the pack or it would long since be dead.
Old 10-18-2020, 04:17 PM   #166
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Thanks I swapped the light bars on the 2 club cars I have. My fear is if the light bar is not showing full charge does this mean the obc does not know this and will not shut the charger off?

I will check the battery voltage in the morning
The charger should be cutting off on its own and you would know that when you came back the next morning and it was off. The OBC will shut it off when the algorithm is done or 16 hours has passed. If it times out, the OBC light will be on when you pull out the DC cord to let you know it timed out before completing the charge sequence.
Old 11-08-2020, 10:45 AM   #167
Banshee01
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
The charger should be cutting off on its own and you would know that when you came back the next morning and it was off. The OBC will shut it off when the algorithm is done or 16 hours has passed. If it times out, the OBC light will be on when you pull out the DC cord to let you know it timed out before completing the charge sequence.
Yesterday I plugged the cart in down halfway on the gauge. 48.5 volts before charge. The charger was still on this morning when I came in about 18 hours battery gauge has not moved. Had the charger unplugged for a couple hours now 50.7 volts
Old 11-08-2020, 01:21 PM   #168
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

That is about fully charged, but the OBC wants to see 53.8 (if memory serves me correctly) before it shuts off. Basically it overcharges at low amperage for the finishing charge.
Old 12-08-2020, 09:29 AM   #169
Banshee01
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
That is about fully charged, but the OBC wants to see 53.8 (if memory serves me correctly) before it shuts off. Basically it overcharges at low amperage for the finishing charge.
So my positive battery pack cable goes to the solenoid. The charger is wired to that solenoid also. On the same post

I have replaced the batteries, obc, controller, and solenoid with no luck. I swapped chargers also with no luck.

Left yesterday with the charger plugged in. Come back today 18.5 hours later and the charger is still going 53.99 volts at the batteries charger is pulling 7amps.

Somehow the obc not getting the signal that the batteries are charged. The cart just started having this problem not after any work was done to it. The first thing I changed was the obc after this started
Old 12-08-2020, 09:35 AM   #170
Banshee01
Not Yet Wild

So I just unplugged the charger and the battery light on the dash flashed telling me the charging was interrupted and did not finish
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car