lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2020, 06:02 PM   #11
belercous
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1983 ezgo fouls plugs stupidly quick

We'd be happy to buy a new fuel pump if that were the problem. As it is he already has a spare fuel pump, coil, carb, crank seals, induction pick-ups, plug wire & igniter, all of which are still good.

He's been running the same plug the cart has used for the past 25 he's had it.

The piston was installed correctly.

The engine won't start with the exhaust removed. The exhaust is clear. We heard little bits of rust in it while handling it so it's not caked with oil as 2 stroke exhausts sometimes get.
belercous is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2020, 10:21 PM   #12
belercous
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1983 ezgo fouls plugs stupidly quick

The spark had always been blue, but it wasn't very big. It turned out that the pulser coil was wired backwards. When wired backwards, they only generate 40% power. It'd been running that way for a long time, but it kept fouling plugs. It started out fouling a plug every 3 months. Then 2 months, etc., until a plug's life was measured in yards. I reversed the wires at a splice & the thing is running like new.

Funny thing tho, after I reversed the pulser coil wires, we noticed that the wires in the terminal block for the exciter/ignitor thingy were reversed too. And that was a new part. Perhaps the old one was wired the same too, we'll have to dig it out & see if it was wired wrong. If that's the case then the pulser coil (which had been replaced) was wired correctly. My buddy has had this cart for 18 years & it only started fouling plugs in the last 2 years. I dunno, but I'm just glad the thing is finally fixed.
belercous is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO