lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2020, 02:59 PM   #41
Jomdlcrs
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1984 Ezgo Marathon 2 cycle gas(questions new owner)

Finally got to remove the drive belt the o.d. on it is 44 3/4 inches it definitely is wore its less than an inch wide on the inside of the belt. What is the number for a replacement belt mine has no visible numbers on it.
Jomdlcrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2020, 12:01 PM   #42
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

You'll need to measure the width of the belt across the outside, the inside will be smaller as it's a tapered belt.
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 10:05 AM   #43
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabble Inn View Post
As far as the fuel gauge being switched, I've been wanting to put one on mine too and have given the ways to wire it some thought;

1) Powering it from a constant hot (battery or hot side of ignition switch) it would need to be switched, my idea on that would be a momentary push switch.....

2) Powering it from the ON side of the ignition switch, it wouldn't need to be switched but might become a pita remembering to shut the key off when not going to run it for a while lol.......

3) Powering it from the accelerator micro-switch circuit, it would be active only when the engine is running.......
I need to correct my advise on this post, I recently bought a fuel gauge kit and did a bench test for actual amp draw......

With the lighted dial ON it only draws .06 - .09 of an amp, depending on a full or empty signal from the sending unit. With the light OFF it's only .05 - .07 of an amp.....

With my new findings I'm going to wire mine from the ignition switch ON terminal, no need for a momentary switch or any other complicated method. Less than 1/10th of an amp surprised me and would take a long long time to run the battery down, I'll also be tying into the headlight switch for the lighted dial
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1984, ezgo, gas, technical problems
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO