lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2020, 02:05 PM   #21
225dxFreak
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Almost a coronary pricing carb on E-Z-Go web site

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Glad you had a positive outcome with the cheap carb. I’ve never been so lucky with them, but keep a pile of old carbs around for spare parts and stuff :)
Good call, I’ll hold on to the oem one for sure. I do the same with my lawn equipment parts.

It is hard to believe that for $16 and free shipping anybody on eBay makes money. But I suppose if they sell 250,000 items and each sale only profits $1 then that’s still $250,000. For them it’s about quantity not quality, but even with that said I was still confident clicking Buy it now because any time I’ve had an issue with a small item from eBay I contact the seller immediately and ask them what they can do to rectify the problem.
One of two things always happen, they send me another or refund my money. One time my money was refunded and they sent me another anyway that was a passenger side visor for a Nissan Sentra; the first one I received had a cracked mirror.
I also suggest before you query eBay click on filters and select US sellers only. I only buy the Chinese stuff that’s already in a domestic warehouse.
225dxFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2020, 03:05 PM   #22
NoTyme
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Glad you had a positive outcome with the cheap carb. I’ve never been so lucky with them, but keep a pile of old carbs around for spare parts and stuff :)
I plan on keeping it and looking for a new float, but not the one from E-Z-Go for $80 plus.
NoTyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 07:17 PM   #23
Mill67
Not Yet Wild

3 years plus on my $11 carb, still going strong on my Yamaha G1.
Mill67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 10:22 PM   #24
winr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I just purchased and installed a carb from Buggies Unlimited ($44.95). Appearance wise it was identical to the carb that was on it. I've owned this cart for 20yrs and I'm not absolutely positive but I believe it was the original carb. The reason for the new carb was when I disassembled the original carb, the Main Nozzle fell out when I removed the bowl. After cleaning when I tried to screw it back into position it wouldn't tighten to the body. I ran it and seemed lean (heat from the engine). Anyway I just put it on with a new plug, it started up and ran very well. Still has a big backfire upon decel but I also thing the gasket at the muffler is leaking and there may still be a bunch of fuel in the muffler from the previous no start condition
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3795[1].jpg (122.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3794[1].jpg (141.1 KB, 0 views)
winr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 05:12 AM   #25
NoTyme
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I put my original carb, which I thought had a bad float, on the shelf in the shop. After 10 plus years of heavy use I cracked open my wallet and picked up a 2021 E-Z-Go Freedom gas cart. I love the fuel injection system but feel the hitch will need some extra work as it is in no way as sturdy as the one I had on the RXV.
Since the snow season is here I will have some time to engineer some sort of bracing for the hitch and figure out the best way to get in behind the dash due to it being fastened to the front cowel with plastic rivets.
NoTyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO