lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2009, 03:27 PM   #1
chris.y
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2000 TXT.....slow to go. Controller again?

Hi everyone, I have a 2000 TXT that is lifted and non stock tires. Last year I was having an issue with it stopping while in motion, as soon as I took my foot off the pedal and put it back down, it would go again. I took it in for service and they replaced the controller....it seemed fine then.
This season it seems that after I go down the road for a while at lower speeds the cart slows and eventually stops, even if I put my foot all the way down. If I wait a little while, it will take back off again like it had to cool down. I am not sure which way to look....controller again?.....solenoid?
Any thoughts would be appreciated. I really hope to diagnose and fix this myself.
Thanks
chris.y is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 TXT.....slow to go. Controller again?

Stock controller? PDS?
Guessing, but it sounds like the controller is going in to thermal shutdown.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:03 AM   #3
chris.y
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

This controller was replaced last year (along with the solenoid) and is not stock. The cart is PDS and like I mention, is lifted with larger tires and wheels. My gut is telling me that it is going into thermal shutdown too! My question is though, what can be done to stop this? Should I go back to the people that replaced the controller?
The controller as it appears is only a 300 amp controller, should this be a 400 at the very least? Is it as simple as making sure the controller is mounted with the heat transfer gel (I forget the name of it?)?
Thanks for the input!
Old 06-17-2009, 09:23 AM   #4
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

What controller is in it?
Old 06-17-2009, 09:43 AM   #5
chris.y
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

They installed a Curtis PMC controller (P/N 73326G05)....not sure the brand of the solenoid.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:37 PM   #6
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Not absolutely certain, but that sounds like a stock PDS controller which have been known to warm up considerably when using as you say. I think the EZGO part number you referenced is the same as a Curtis 1206 MX. Maybe someone else can confirm this.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:52 AM   #7
chris.y
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for your thoughts....I spoke with the people that installed the controller yesterday and his thought is that it sounds like a battery issue. He said he hasnt heard of a controller doing this and that "most" issues of slowing down in motion is battery related. I got a load tester last night to check them and will see if any are weak (sad part is they are not that old).
Anyone have any other thoughts to this?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO