lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2009, 06:50 PM   #21
GarageBuilt
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1 st elec. cart two questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jauguston View Post

Other carts may be different but I just looked in my '92 EZ-GO factory service manual and it says the differential takes 8-10 oz of 80-90 gear oil.

Jim
How does the motor bolt to your diff. Side to side or front to back? I am not sure what year EZ-GO went to the side mount motor to the differential. But late 1990 well say1999 I now call for 30-wt motor oil. And this is why. Lubrication for the gears, EZ-GO has 3 sets of stack gears in the dif, each gear slings oil up to the next one. But the heaver the oil the faster you have to go to sling the oil to the top gear, so if your cart is stock with a top speed of 12 to 15 mph and you are using 90wt gear oil. Chances are you are not getting propper oiling. But wait now the winter has just set in. What has just happened to our 90wt gear oil, that’s right it has just got thicker. Now you are going all winter with oiling your top gear. Now spring comes and you start to notice noise coming from your motor are the top of your diff.So you write to the forum asking about the noise. And I write back telling you to check your input shaft. Come to find out the bearing on the input shaft is burnt up because of improper oiling. And on that same shaft is your top gear.
FYI And if you have a EZ -GO manual that is 1999 & newer that recommends 90wt oil in the diff. Please post it.
GarageBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2009, 07:21 PM   #22
Warhammer444
Not Yet Wild

Makes sense, thanks for the info!
Warhammer444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:28 PM   #23
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Garagebuilt,

You must have missed the part of my post that said "my '92 EZ-GO factory service manual". I claim no knowlege beyond what it said in "my '92 EZ-GO factory manual"

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:23 AM   #24
GarageBuilt
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jauguston View Post
Garagebuilt,

You must have missed the part of my post that said "my '92 EZ-GO factory service manual". I claim no knowlege beyond what it said in "my '92 EZ-GO factory manual"

Jim
Jim
That year did require 90 wt oil. Can you tell me witch way the motor lays?
All is good,But you must of missed the part where I said 1999 & newer.
GarageBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:37 AM   #25
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The motor is horizontal above and parallel to the axle. The wire studs are on the drivers side. The motor is a 2hp GE.

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO