lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2009, 09:20 PM   #1
derrickmanx1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 91 ezgo is too slow.

I have a 91 ezgo textron with brand new batteries. New 2 gauge on the batteries and old 6 gauge on the solenoids. I was wondering how to get 15+ mph out of this thing and still be able to climb a hill? I will be changing the 6 gauge wire out soon. I was wondering if there is something else to change or adjust or if i need to buy a new motor and if so which one is good? I'm not looking to race it, but I do want to keep up with the newer carts around here. Thanks ahead of time guys.
derrickmanx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2009, 09:23 PM   #2
derrickmanx1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 91 ezgo is too slow.

Also forgot to say about 8 mph is max right now. Unless going down hill.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:48 AM   #3
ldmmcgill
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I'm by no means one of the experts. After you run it a few minutes check all of your conections, see if any of them are hot. It sound like you have a bad connection. If this is a stock cart the 6 gauge wires will give you full speed on level ground. The 2 gauge upgrade may give you a little more torque
on hills. All wires will need to be upgraded to get the full advantage.
I'm sure one of the experts can give you better advice.
ldmmcgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:53 AM   #4
ldmmcgill
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I forgot to mention check the F/R contacts for heat and the speed control contacts.
Most important check your battery voltage and make sure you have a full charge. on the batteries.(see the proceedure in the sticky section)
I am assuming this is a resistor type speed control.(big coil of wire under seat)
ldmmcgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:38 PM   #5
rjriley1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I have an EZGO 95 Metalist with a newer TXT body pictured in my avaitar. This cart has a GE 4hp motor, 500amp GE speed contoller, 4 ga. cables, and a White Rodgers 36v high amp solenoid. I just had my neighbor that is a police officer radar my cart yesterday. I'm 255lbs. and my cart radared in at 19MPH. With someone a little lighter I bet I could get an even 20MPH. My cart ran good for the past few years with a motor only upgrade with all stock components. It finally took toll on the 14 year old factory speed controller so I did the other upgrades. Upgrades depends on your budget and how fast you what to go.
rjriley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:06 PM   #6
derrickmanx1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Changed all of my cables out it's a little better on the torque and speed. I just need a little more of both. Right now 11 mph the club cars at the course go slightly faster on the hills.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:23 AM   #7
derrickmanx1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I still wonder what to do first? Motor or controller? I want to be able to pull the hills first then I will worry about speed.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:25 PM   #8
rjriley1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Both if you can afford it. lol I did my motor first and ran stock everything else for about 3 years. Made major difference...my cart was a slow turd until then. I waited until the 14 year old controller finally burned up a few months back. Then I replaced soleiod and controller and upped the cables to 4 ga. Alot of people say do the controller first. I did the motor first.
rjriley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO