lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2009, 02:51 PM   #1
2fst2c
Not Yet Wild

Default 94.5 EzGo Moves at turtle speeds

Hello, New to the electric carts and I've been reading and doing some tests and I need to know what to look for next. I have a 94.5 Ezgo 36v cart that is lifted and has 22x11x8 tires on it. Batteries all new this year. 38.6 volts on my meter after sitting. It runs slow. I can run it on flat ground and it never goes any faster than about 5mph. I hooked my meter up to the batteries and checked each one for proper voltage then I hooked it to the end + and - and observed the voltage while running. At wide open the voltage drops to 36.8 and going up a steep incline the voltage drops to 35.8 and goes back to 36.6-36.8 once on a flat surface again. I can understand the tires would affect it but I would think that if you drove far enough on a flat surface it would get up to speed. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Brian
2fst2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2009, 05:41 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: 94.5 EzGo Moves at turle speeds

The batts sound OK. Have you checked the ITS to make sure its working properly? Download a service manual and check the ITS for proper function. Start there, then move to something else if thats not it.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:39 PM   #3
2fst2c
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply. Can you help me ID my cart or are the service manuals broad ranged and cover all makes? It has a plastic body and has the controller and a throttle sensor under a cover. No service switch. Thanks again,
Brian
Old 10-28-2009, 07:48 PM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

1994.5 should be a metal body. Can you locate the metal plate on the dash and provide the Mfr. number? Is your battery pack a group of 6 or two groups of 3? Pix woukd help also.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:18 PM   #5
2fst2c
Not Yet Wild

Well I must of been seeing things the first time I looked at the tag. Swore it had 94.5 on it. Anyways, it has 2 sets of 3 batteries. 1 on each side of center. The tag info is: 805519 and F1294. Thanks!
Old 10-28-2009, 08:34 PM   #6
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Your chassis is a '94 Marathon. The plastic TXT bodies didn't start till '96. Someone has rebodied your cart. There's no telling what else they did to it. We would need a good pic of the entire battery bay as well as a detailed pic of everything between the batteries.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:37 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes we would like a good look between your batteries
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:41 PM   #8
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Yes we would like a good look between your batteries
If I didn't like you so much mister.....
Old 10-28-2009, 08:47 PM   #9
2fst2c
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Your chassis is a '94 Marathon. The plastic TXT bodies didn't start till '96. Someone has rebodied your cart. There's no telling what else they did to it. We would need a good pic of the entire battery bay as well as a detailed pic of everything between the batteries.
Will do. I'll take them tomorrow when the sun is shining and post them. Thanks again.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:19 PM   #10
2fst2c
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 94.5 EzGo Moves at turtle speeds

Ok, here is my cart and what's between my batteries. It does have a metal body on it. It just didn't sound like it when I was tapping on it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO