lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2009, 06:25 PM   #21
skinnyjerk
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 01 EZ-GO PDS w/ Alltrax 400 and D&D Motor won't go! Please Help!!

No I don't have a diode across the yellow and blue wire. I guess I'll try and get to radioshack tonight and see if they have one.

Here is a picture of the ITS. Amazingly it was pretty clean, compared to everything else!

Just let me know what to do next.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PB110028.jpg (137.2 KB, 41 views)
skinnyjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2009, 06:26 PM   #22
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Everything looks good.. ok give me a min.. ill look through the ezgo manual for its throttle testing.
Monsterezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:48 PM   #23
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Ok here we go. I could explain it by typing on here. but it would get lengthy, and could loose some info.

Ive uploaded 3 pdf's. the first one is the factory wiring diagram.. you need this so you know what pins its talking about on the J4 connector.. Which is your ITS pedal cable.. Now we know that the micro switch is working because your solinoid clicks when you press the pedal.. However we dont know if theres a broken connection between the its sensor and the controller.. so hopefully these test will find that out.

Ok starting at test 41, on "its testing 1 pdf" You dont un plug anny connections, you should beable to get your test leads in from behind the plug to test.

Tell us how it goes. and read the testing steps carefully, theres lots of bits of info scattered all around the testing steps.. on how to setup the cart before testing.. (ie, pedal slightly depressed, cart in fwd.. ect)

Oh ya, and put the cart up on a jack stand on the rear. incase it decides to work, and take off on ya. lol
Attached Files
File Type: pdf pds factory controller diagram.pdf (136.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: pdf its testing 1.pdf (183.1 KB, 27 views)
File Type: pdf its testing 2.pdf (166.9 KB, 18 views)
Old 11-11-2009, 09:01 PM   #24
skinnyjerk
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok, didn't get a chance to go by Radioshack to get a diode tonight so I'll have to do it tomorrow.

I started at step 41, did all the prep (i.e. put in run, key on, direction selector in F, etc.). The first thing checking the white wire (Pin 4) it only gave me 13.3 volts. Test says I should have 15V + or - 1 volt. It says if it's "Outside Range" then the controller is bad and need to be replaced.

I went on anyway and tried to check step 42, but I don't know if it would be accurate since step 41 was negative.

How accurate are these tests? I only ask because I don't want to spend $400 or more on a new controller and that still not fix my problem.

And thanks for everyone's help, especially you monsterezgokid. I really appreciate it!
Old 11-11-2009, 09:04 PM   #25
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Seeing that the voltage could be a bit lower because.
1. this isnt a factory controller.
2. your pack voltage might be a bit low, thus causing this voltage to be low.. But 13.3 should still be ok.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:20 PM   #26
skinnyjerk
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So since 13.3V should be good, then that means since I can't get any reading from the black wire. Then the ITS might be bad? Right?

Is there anyway I could bypass the ITS for just a second, by jumping the black wire to the white wire? Just to see if the ITS is the problem?
Old 11-11-2009, 11:38 PM   #27
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyjerk View Post
So since 13.3V should be good, then that means since I can't get any reading from the black wire. Then the ITS might be bad? Right?

Is there anyway I could bypass the ITS for just a second, by jumping the black wire to the white wire? Just to see if the ITS is the problem?
First.. Dont short the 2 wires together.. this system doesnt work like a conventional potentiometer.(varying resistance) shorting the 2 could cause more damage..

But it does seem like something is wierd.

If you dont mind waiting till tomorow.. i will dig up a good ITS moduel i have, and we can test the resistance across the its sensor itself.

Im havin a bit of lappy troubles right now, so i can be rummaging through all the pages of the service manual to see if theres a step that checks the ITS on its own.

In the mean time.. just make sure all the harnesses are clean, and all connections are good. check for corrosion on both the harness plugs, as well as the wide plug on the controller.

If its the ITS we will figure it out.. Because the ITS is not a cheap part. to be ordering one in and finding out that its not the issue. They are around $200 But im sure someone on here has a good one they are willing to sell.. I thought i saw someone with a bunch of old stock ezgo parts that they were selling in the for sale section.. Im sure i saw an ITS sensor. or a whole pedal assembly in the list.

Also you could buy one from MikesMotorToys online site http://www.shopezgo.com/products/Ind...roduct_id=1446
But first we will compare values once i check mine

Ill be back ! ;)
Old 11-11-2009, 11:51 PM   #28
skinnyjerk
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok thanks!
Old 11-12-2009, 02:07 PM   #29
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Ok heres 2 pics for ya.

Remove the white and black wire from the ITS sensor in the pedal box.

Set your multimeter to ohm testing

Test as shown

You should get around 8.10 MΏ

tell us what you get
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PB120377.jpg (71.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg PB120375.jpg (54.4 KB, 13 views)
Old 11-14-2009, 01:28 AM   #30
skinnyjerk
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok. So I tested the ITS with the volt meter set to ohms. It initial spiked at 12.?? for about 1 second, then went down to a constant 10.48 M'ohms.

Also I went to the dealer today, to see if they could help me with anything. I told the service man what problems I had, and what I had already done to test everything. He said from all the info I told him it could be 1 to 3 things:
1. Controller could be bad;
2. Motor could be bad;
And/or
3. I may have 1 or more bad batteries..

He let me borrow a stock controller to bring home and use to test it out. When I was hooking it up I noticed that I didn't have all the plugs that were on the stock controller. I only had 3 plugs, so I don't know if that would mess anything up or not?? Not sure?? Anyway, I hooked up the stock controller, turned switch to run, key on, direction selector in F, and pressed the gas.... Nothing!! It didn't even try to turn the motor like the Alltrax. I double checked my connections to make sure everything was correctly installed (and it was), still nothing. So I put the Alltrax controller back in, turned switch to run, key on, direction selector in F, and pressed the gas....same thing as before. Motor tries to turn, but does not.

What next??
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO