lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2009, 11:03 PM   #1
redpepe
Not Yet Wild

Default new project old numbers?

reposting from my intro page as suggested and thanks doom.

a slow sunday ....

here are the numbers from my id plate. thanks for any info. early marathon?

ezgo car div.
textron augusta ga.

model X444-1
ser 314X1782
mfg 431-2267E

btw .... just put the third new sam's club batt in today and the voltage has steadied. only had this a few months and i'll try to catch you up on the adventures over time ...... including one mysterious battery explosion!
redpepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-08-2009, 08:18 PM   #2
redpepe
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: new project old numbers?

i'll try to paste in some photos ......

Old 12-09-2009, 11:15 AM   #3
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Wow-What a mess! The previous owner sure wasn't into "tidy" (-:

The double wires used between some batteries don't really do any good. One single wire jumper is all it takes to choke the power flow. You are a prime candidate for a new set of 4ga power wires. All of them.

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:15 PM   #4
redpepe
Not Yet Wild

thanks jim, all help appreciated.

i haven't done much to the system except clean and put things back where i found them until i could get a better sense of the needed changes. i agree about the 4ga wires and it's on 'the list'. cleaning and aligning and tightening and lubing things made a big initial difference.

i run this in quite dusty conditions when pulling the spring harrow and the dirt on the battery tops is also residue from the dilute baking soda solution i spray for cleaning.

one of the first surprises was a battery explosion. it happened during the night and it was not on charge at the time. i have no good explanation. blew the top off of one battery. i've replaced 3 batteries over the last few months ..... not all due to explosions. 3 to go .... but i'm holding 36 - 40 volts pretty well even with the 3 remaining 5 year old batteries.

Tags
electric, ezgo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO