lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2010, 08:17 PM   #11
bhfear
EZ-GO-N

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Good price for Trojans

I have used a few energizers in cheap carts, and a few rentals, they are okay batteries for the money, but I would go for the smaller 106 if you can get them that cheap
bhfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2010, 08:35 PM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy48 View Post
I got a price quote today from a local guy here in Augusta, Ga that will sell me 6-6v T605 Trojans for $520 out the door. Brand new!! Is that a good price?

The price I got from Sams Club for 6-6v Energizer GC2 batteries was $481.
Hey Buddy48, can you tell us who in Augusta ? I'm just over the river and will need batteries soon.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:20 AM   #13
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

I just replaced a set of 605 in a txt cart used on a chicken farm, no lift, 20" a/t tires that were D3 stamped. 1 was bad and 1 had melted terminal, but the rest still showed to be in the 45 minute range on the discharge machine.

I removed the 605 and put in t-105 since thats what i had in stock. Yes the 605 are about $10 cheaper. At $520 a set it a steal, Thats just over what i buy them for right now.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:27 AM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

These 605 and all other minimal amperage batteries are okay for minimal demand applications. Flat trailer park driving and such. But they will not perform satisfactorily in hilly terrain and extended use applications. There are better batteries, which do cost a bit more, for those applications
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:37 PM   #15
buddy48
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The place is called Southern Links Golf Cars. They are located on Highway 56 (mike padget hwy). They are in the same location that the E-Z-Go Augusta Branch used to be (this has since move to the E-Z-Go manufacturing plant on Marvin Griffin. Rd).

If you get on the new Bobby Jones loop from Aiken, travel toward downtown Augusta, get off on Hwy 56 and take a right. Go down about 2-3 miles and they will be located on your left. The building sits back off of the road, but you will see carts everywhere!! They are super helpful as well.

The guy that runs it is named Sam Kitchens. He used to work for E-Z-Go and started this place.
buddy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:05 PM   #16
chasenfish16
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It is funny that this whole T-605/T-105 subject came up. I just put a deposit down on a 2006 PDS EZGO a week ago and paid extra for 2010 batteries that I was told would be T105's. When I went to pick it up there were 2010 T-605's in the cart and the gentleman got irrate when I questioned him about the difference. I decided to walk away from the deal (with my deposit of course) Now the million dollar question is there a big difference in the two batterries? I will be lifting the cart, adding 23" tires and a 400 Amp controller. Did I make the right decision not buying the cart with these batteries? I was a decent deal on the cart, I wouldn't say it was great, but the supposed battery upgrade was the reason I was going to buy it.
chasenfish16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:06 PM   #17
Hillbilly Deluxe
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Talking Re: Good price for Trojans

If I were you, I would have clarified this prior to making the deal! Now you have clearly upset this fine gentleman. LOL! "what, do you want to go fast?" ... Duh! Dumbest question I have ever heard!
Hillbilly Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:16 PM   #18
gonfast38
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I just picked up today a set of T-105s for $99 a piece. Pretty good price.
gonfast38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO