lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2010, 05:59 PM   #11
DesertDeuces
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Accessories wiring question

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinghawk View Post
Add the total amperage of accessories you plan to use & the converter must be able to handle that amperage. I was warned those 10amp converters just aren't large enough.
Ross
Thanks. Will do.
DesertDeuces is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2010, 08:58 PM   #12
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinghawk View Post
I was warned those 10amp converters just aren't large enough.
Ross
I agree. I know of quite a few who use 2x8v batteries on their lights without issue. It may reduce the life expectancy of the bulbs but bulbs will take about 20v before they blow.
Worst case scenario is you could try it and if you are blowing bulbs, buy the $60 eBay reducer.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:52 AM   #13
DesertDeuces
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
I agree. I know of quite a few who use 2x8v batteries on their lights without issue. It may reduce the life expectancy of the bulbs but bulbs will take about 20v before they blow.
Worst case scenario is you could try it and if you are blowing bulbs, buy the $60 eBay reducer.
Thanks for the input, Doug. I'm studying hard to learn and appreciate any info you guys can give.

I've just been studying a wiring schematic for an EZ GO light kit and the instructions say to use a voltage reducer for a 48 volt system, so I'm gonna spend the bucks anyway. Point is, I'm going to see what's available and keep listening to advice before I buy anything.

I decided to follow the basic wiring diagram supplied here on the forums and hook up no accessories. I'm just waiting for my new resistor assembly to arrive so I can put the batteries back in the cart and fire her up. I decided to abandon all pre-existing wiring configurations in this cart and start from scratch.

I have all accessory wiring carefully traced and labeled, to be set aside for now. If the cart test drives well, then I'll start adding the accessories. In the meantime, I'll be shopping for that voltage reducer.

Oh, and I just rechecked the lights wiring. There are 30 amp fuses one for the front lights and one for the rear. The fuse for the front lights is blown. I'm guessing it's because the configuration was wrong - on the wrong batteries and no voltage reducer. Even more reason to take it slow, check it twice and do it right the first time.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:24 AM   #14
Todd Dolfi
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Depending on num. of acc. you might want to go to autozone and get a fuse block so each acc. has it's own fuse with one master switch to turn everything on and off. If you do run a different color wire for each acc. for problem solving down the road.
Todd Dolfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:48 AM   #15
DesertDeuces
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Dolfi View Post
Depending on num. of acc. you might want to go to autozone and get a fuse block so each acc. has it's own fuse with one master switch to turn everything on and off. If you do run a different color wire for each acc. for problem solving down the road.
That would be a good idea if I had a bunch of stuff. However, I only have the lights and a voltmeter. I suppose that the way I worded it in my last post it sounds like I have more stuff.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO