lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2010, 08:05 PM   #1
Gman757
Not Yet Wild

Default Finally Hit Performance Goals

I modified my 2009 EZGO Sport 2+2 to try to get more speed and was very disappointed with my first 2 attempts. First attempt was switching to a 500 amp Alltrax and D&D 505 motor at 36 volts. Speed was 16 mph. Next attempt was a switch to 48 volts.....speed increased to 20 mph, still not what I was hoping for. Well...the third time was the charm, installed a GE 1161 motor and speed on flat road hit 27 mph (GPS) with the windshield up....and bumped 28 occasionally. My goal was 25 since this is the speed limit on the main road in my golf course community and my cart is street legal.
I talked to Alltrax and they were very surprised at the speed....even told me to turn the turbo mode off.
Have not had a chance to check torque performance but should be fine for mild hills around my area.
Gman757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2010, 08:25 PM   #2
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Finally Hit Performance Goals

Wow..how do you stop it ? very nice
joe
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:32 PM   #3
WickedCarts
NOT a Sponsor

it should not have turbo mode with a series cart but the rest sounds great
WickedCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:49 PM   #4
Treyfus
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Hmmm....I'm surprised you didn't achieve your goal with your 2nd setup. I've got a Alltrax 400, D&D 505 with 48v upgrade and get 24-25mph regularly on flat roads. Anway congrats on getting were you wanted to get
Treyfus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:15 PM   #5
ZZTOP
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman757 View Post
I modified my 2009 EZGO Sport 2+2 to try to get more speed and was very disappointed with my first 2 attempts. First attempt was switching to a 500 amp Alltrax and D&D 505 motor at 36 volts. Speed was 16 mph. Next attempt was a switch to 48 volts.....speed increased to 20 mph, still not what I was hoping for. Well...the third time was the charm, installed a GE 1161 motor and speed on flat road hit 27 mph (GPS) with the windshield up....and bumped 28 occasionally. My goal was 25 since this is the speed limit on the main road in my golf course community and my cart is street legal.
I talked to Alltrax and they were very surprised at the speed....even told me to turn the turbo mode off.
Have not had a chance to check torque performance but should be fine for mild hills around my area.

Sounds like it turned out good for you---
ZZTOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:08 PM   #6
Gman757
Not Yet Wild

It is a PDS cart. That may explain the speed....PDS field maps from Alltrax are designed for EZGO carts which come as 36 volt units. I converted to 48 volts so the motor specs and field map configuration are getting a boost from the extra voltage.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:10 PM   #7
WickedCarts
NOT a Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman757 View Post
It is a PDS cart.
Kool most of the ST sport electric carts we have seen were all series carts...
WickedCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:31 PM   #8
Gman757
Not Yet Wild

Treyfus....the performance of the D&D was a big mystery to all involved in trying to help me with the project.....including techs from D&D and Alltrax. We all began to suspect some type of rear end anomally like a 14 gear or something similar. I tried the GE as a last resort and thankfully it worked. Not sure what the problem was with the 505 but I suspect it will find it's way back to D&D via the dealer I purchased it from.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:34 PM   #9
gamer1
Getting Wild

Hey Gman did you get a tax credit when you made that street legal? If so what state and how to details if you dont mind.
gamer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:40 PM   #10
Gman757
Not Yet Wild

I missed the tax credit....I was not in the market for a cart until too late. I live in FL and just had to take the cart to an inspection station. They assigned me a VIN number, I called my insurance agent and had him fax proof of insurance over to the office and then they gave me the tag for it. All done in about 30 minutes.
Legal in FL on a 35 mph or less road and can cross a 55 mph highway at an intersection.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO