lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2010, 08:23 PM   #1
Chisoxguy13
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default New To Us Cart! Need Help.

Picked up our cart today and took some pics and I need some help. What do I need to do to it? Add bigger cables? Want to add a voltage indicator. Can't seem to see where the date is on the batteries or if these batteries are good ones. They are supposed to be brand new only a few hours on them, but as you can see one of the post has melted and they drilled into it to attach the cable. I'm guessing the controller is under the box by the batteries. Need to get in there tomorrow. Want to add the chip if it doesn't have it. Also the plate by the key looks like it was super glued on. Figure I can maybe cut out some more space if they make a bigger plate so I can also mount the voltage meter. I think I am going to add a 12V battery to run the lights and radio when I figure out how I want to mount it. Also the charger looks pretty beat. The plate for the meter you can hear rattling around in the charger. Need to take it apart and try to remount it. I appreciate any help and suggestions. Thank you very much.

Chisoxguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
EZGOmywallet
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New To Us Cart! Need Help.

I am not experienced to answer your questions, but I did replace my US Batts a short time ago with a new set of US Batts and the date codes on both sets were on the (+) post. A letter and a number. I didn't see that on yours in your pic, but you may look closer. Another thing is both sets of my US Batts were red, not black. I also know that if they are "blem" batts the date codes are suppose to be ground/grind off so they are not sold at the "new" price. Congrats on the cart, it looks NICE !

Oh, btw the melted post is probably due to a loose connection. Make sure you go over ALL your cable connections and make sure they are tight. You need to that monthly.
EZGOmywallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:02 PM   #3
K9Kev
Say What ???

E-Z-GO

Nice looking cart

I see what you mean about the F/R switch panel....kinda looks like 'glue-guns gone wild' up in there...Lol

As for your charger....Ummm... it kinda looks like someone dragged it behind their car for a few blocks.

You may want to have a pro shop go thru that baby and get new cables, and a new face for the charge meter, and, and, and....well, you know where that's going.

The cables on your cart appear to be factory and, with a lift and big tires like that you are going to want to upgrade to a decent set of 4GA. cables. Be careful what you buy, if your not gonna make them yourself, get a set from Mike @ MMT. He sells the EZgo factory cables. Best money spent in my humble opinion.

Next, if there is no upgraded controller in there (and it looks like it's stock) you may want to start looking around for one of them as well. Lots to read on the subject and, ask questions....people here wwill raz ya but, they know what they are talking about.

Anyway, the cart seems mighty cool. Try and get a reading on your battery pack and that should tell you where your batts are at. Unfortunately, some folks sell carts with bad batteries and tell buyers they are good. It happens to alot of people their first time buying a 'Sparky' cart.

Welcome to BGW. There is lots to read and learn up on....your gonna have a blast !

K9

Last edited by K9Kev; 03-04-2010 at 09:07 PM.. Reason: Cause my Spilingg suxs
K9Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:04 PM   #4
Chisoxguy13
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Kev View Post
Nice lloking cart

I see what you mean about the F/R switch panel....kinda looks like 'glue-guns gone wild' up in there...Lol

As for your charger....Ummm... it kinda looks like someone dragged it behind their car for a few blocks.

You may want to have a pro shop go thru that baby and get new cables, and aa new face for the charge meter, and, and, and....well, you know where that's going.

Anyway, the cart seems mighty cool. Try and get a reading on your battery pack and that should tell you where your batts are at. Unfortunately, some folks sell carts with bad batteries and tell buyers they are good. It happens to alot of people their first time buying a 'Sparky' cart.

Welcome to BGW. There is lots to read and learn up on....your gonna have a blast !

K9
Well not to bragg too much, but if the batts are bad I only paid $2500 for the cart so I think I still did pretty good/lucky. Even came with the cold weather/rain cover.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:14 PM   #5
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Cart is a PDS cart and is capable of using the Freedom chip. Removing the controller cover will show how the controller is configured (mode). Be sure to switch to TOW when servicing the cart or towing it for that matter. New 4g cables are a great idea.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:55 AM   #6
Chisoxguy13
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Cart is a PDS cart and is capable of using the Freedom chip. Removing the controller cover will show how the controller is configured (mode). Be sure to switch to TOW when servicing the cart or towing it for that matter. New 4g cables are a great idea.
Is tow the position between F and R. Up for Forward, and down for Reverse. Center for Tow? Thank you
Old 03-05-2010, 06:56 AM   #7
Free Spirit
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If you lift the seat, there is a small switch on the environmental cover for the controller. It is the Run/Tow switch. If you are towing the cart or working on the cart, flip the switch to Tow before you tow/work. Return it to the Run position when you are finished. I don't have a picture handy, or I'd put one up. Maybe someone has one that they'll post.
Free Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:01 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The run /tow switch is clearly shown in the 9th and in the 10th pic of the cart
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:30 AM   #9
Chisoxguy13
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The run /tow switch is clearly shown in the 9th and in the 10th pic of the cart
OK now I see it. Thank you guys. Want to get in there and clean out the battery box this weekend. Will take one batt out at a time.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:37 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Remove all batts at once to get it good and clean. Take pictures of the cables and secondary charging wires etc. and draw a diagram too.... then remove all batts and hose it out, scrape it off, hose it down again then spray with battery terminal cleaner and hose. Repeat the last 2 steps as many times as needed to clean the trays. Re- paint the trays with rustoleum spray and put the batts back in
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO