lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2010, 06:44 PM   #11
mookiemoo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: How do you know you have a bad battery?

36 vdc is what i am reading when not underload. all cables have ohmed out good. Have you heard of this happening? Interestingly, according to one of the pages from the manual, it says that I should be reading ref battery voltage at pin 7. pin seven comes from the solenoid to the controller 10 pin plug. I am reading approx .5 volts. but, why then does it begin to go and then lose power in about 10 - 12 seconds driving it
mookiemoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2010, 07:38 PM   #12
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

Check batteries under a load first, you could still have a bad battery.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:58 PM   #13
Pimp Daddy
Proud Paw Paw

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemoo View Post
36 vdc is what i am reading when not underload. all cables have ohmed out good. Have you heard of this happening? Interestingly, according to one of the pages from the manual, it says that I should be reading ref battery voltage at pin 7. pin seven comes from the solenoid to the controller 10 pin plug. I am reading approx .5 volts. but, why then does it begin to go and then lose power in about 10 - 12 seconds driving it
Mookie... Failed to ask,but do you have a battery charge indication meter on that cart?
Pimp Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:29 PM   #14
mookiemoo
Not Yet Wild

i do have a battery meter on the cart and it is indicating full. one thing i should mention, when this fault happens, the reverse horn starts to beep, not a solid beep but a beep beep beep. been charging the batteries and now they are all around 6.8 vdc. the beeping disappears when i cycle the run tow switch.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:34 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Okay Tape the DVM leads to the batteries where you get the pack readings and set the meter on the seat where you can read it and drive..... Now tell us what the voltage is to start and what it drops off to under load.... like a hill or using brake and gas peddle.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:42 PM   #16
mookiemoo
Not Yet Wild

ok, i drove it and before driving, the batteries were each 6.4vdc. Upon beginning to drive, the voltage went to 6.17vdc. Soon after, the cart died. The cart can drive for approximately 8 seconds before dying out. Could the solenoid be involved in this issue by chance?
Old 03-06-2010, 08:44 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Can you get a pack reading ?
Old 03-06-2010, 08:47 PM   #18
mookiemoo
Not Yet Wild

where would i get the pack reading, do you mean by pack, the entire 6 battery volts? if so, i could do that at B- and B+ on the top of the controller, the big 4guage wire terminals
Old 03-06-2010, 08:53 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

you can ..... you can do that where the battery pack connects to the controller and the solenoid, too. Safer at the pack , so you don't accidentally short something out at the controller
Old 03-07-2010, 11:56 AM   #20
mookiemoo
Not Yet Wild

OK, I initially had a bad controller, and replaced it. The solenoid that came with the controller was bad, giving me the results I have been having up to this point. Case closed.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO