lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
avselec
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Hmm, upgrade my older TXT or buy a different cart???

Hi group,
I've been lurking around this forum for a few weeks now, it seems like you are all a bunch of smart folks with a lot of knowledge to share. I wanted to ask the group for their opinion on my situation:
I have an older TXT that I recently purchased for neighborhood cruising. I like my cart, it is a lot of fun to drive around my 'hood, but there are two areas where I think it is lacking:
1. It has bag holders, but I want a flip-down seat.
2. It is very slow; especially when climbing hills. In addition, there appears to be a rev limiter that kicks in when I'm coasting downhill.

Some info on my current cart: I have a hard time figuring out what year it is; the engraved plate lists it as a "L2397" and from what I can tell it has the 'older-style' forward/reverse lever. I see six batteries series-wired under the seat so I'm guessing that it is a 36v cart. I'm not sure of the vintage of the batteries but I bought the cart from a local ez-go dealer who claimed that the batteries 'were good'.

All-in-all i think my cart is great, but I am wondering if it will be more cost-effective to buy a different cart that already has a flip-down seat and is faster (or easier/less expensive to make faster than my TXT); or should I just upgrade my existing? If i keep it, what are the favored methods of adding speed to a cart like mine? (I'm not interested in adding oversized tires though)
Thanks for all the great info. ANy opinions are appreciated.
Peter
avselec is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2010, 04:01 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Hmm, upgrade my older TXT or buy a different cart???

First we need to figure out what drive system you have? Series or PDS? Then what speed you want and what budget you have......
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 06:07 PM   #3
avselec
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hi Scottyb,
It appears as though my cart is DCS. I'd like the cart to be zippier than it is now; somewhere around 20 or 25mph would be nice, but I dont want to spend thousands just to get a few extra mph...
Any thougts are appreciated; I know you are a guru.

Thanks

Peter
Old 07-11-2010, 06:28 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

LOL, hardly a Guru But I did sleep in a Holiday Inn last night! I do know your cart can run 20 -24 mph with a controller, solenoid, & cable upgrade if your catteries are good.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:07 PM   #5
avselec
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok, so a controller, solenoid & cable upgrade will get me some additional speed. What is a ballpark cost guess for those parts? Also, can you advise me on how to determine what condition my batteries are in? Any hints are appreciated.
Peter
Old 07-13-2010, 07:36 AM   #6
avselec
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok, so ScottyB suggested that I upgrade my controller, solenoid and cables. Can anyone suggest a kit to purchase or make some reccomendations on which parts are good ones for my DCS cart? Thanks in advance for the suggestions.
Peter
Old 07-13-2010, 07:43 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I have a pkg on my website that will get you to 20mph. Email or send me a PM if you have any questions.

http://cartsunlimited.net/
Old 07-13-2010, 07:52 AM   #8
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

better off upgrading your cart, mines a 98 TXT, ex-DCS, I converted to 48v 2 yrs ago and upgraded my motor to a speed/torque motor and I love it. I'm on 26" tires and get about 25mph with great torque.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO