lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2011, 11:02 AM   #1
Teriblthundrlzrd
Not Yet Wild

Default No backie upie

Oookay. So narrowed down my last problem to needing a new battery (Thank you for to all who helped. :)). Now while I was trouble shooting I put in a new Solenoid,had the motor checked out (all good), and also I took apart and cleaned just about every connection I could reach. And now that I have the new battery installed it runs just fine... in foward. But when I put it in reverse it will only BEEEEP. I guess I should also mention that it's a 97 model, 48V, Club Car, 4 seat with factory head lights and tail lights. Also I have went back and checked out all my wiring to make sure it was clean and tight. And I only had one battery that was below 8V so I only replaced that one, and it's getting 52V under load in reverse. I also called the manufacture to make sure that I had the wiring correct to the motor.lol. Any of you pro's out there have a solution, or even a guess, we would sure love to hear it... Thank you.
Teriblthundrlzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2011, 11:11 AM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: No backie upie

Did the cart work just fine in F and R before you cleaned just about every connection you could get to??
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:36 AM   #3
Teriblthundrlzrd
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Did the cart work just fine in F and R before you cleaned just about every connection you could get to??
Yep. It sure did.lol. And although I was exteremley careful to put it back togethere correctly, and only take off one wire at a time, I still went back over it with a fine tooth comb to make sure I didnt make a mistke.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:00 PM   #4
Teriblthundrlzrd
Not Yet Wild

BTW the battery light blips real quick sometimes when I put it in reverse. However like I said 52V load, every battery is getting atleast 8V, and I can hear the solenoid trying to engage when I try to back up.. also its easier to push in reverse when someone has their foot on the go-pedal.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:04 PM   #5
rib33024

On the back of your F/R switch, does it have 3 micros ??
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #6
Teriblthundrlzrd
Not Yet Wild

I assume that the little metal things that lift up when you turn the switch are the micro's. If so then yes. All three lift up when it's put into reverse, and the one closet to the switch goes up, and the middle one goes half-way up when it's put into drive.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:19 PM   #7
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

test all three micros ( with the battery negative disconnected )

place each one in the "UP" position and manually press each down ..listen carefully for a click .......if the click is missing the micro is shot
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:12 AM   #8
Teriblthundrlzrd
Not Yet Wild

They all clicked.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:41 AM   #9
andrew0257
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teriblthundrlzrd View Post
They all clicked.
Did you find out the problem I have the same issue.
andrew0257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:32 PM   #10
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Swap the Black wire with the White wire on the rear-most micro switch.... If the car will run backwards but not forwards, you'll either need a new half speed resistor or a new micro switch. But we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car