lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Power Drive Auto Charger

Got the new auto timer from PQ today. Got it installed on the charger and it works prefectly! This is a well worth $155.00 for anyone with a 48 volt club car charger who wants it to work without the OBC. It can charge any 48 volt cart now.
This also comes with directions on how to bypass the OBC in your cart if you have one not working.

Also got the new DPI connector for a Club Car.

Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Power Drive Auto Charger

here ya go bowslayer this might be right up your alley...............if andy trust it then it must be decent.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:01 PM   #3
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Talking Re: Power Drive Auto Charger

I have done 4 of these and the only one that I messed up is when I hit the wires while it was on and shorted the timmer out. It was stupid mistake that cost me $155.00.
Yes I trust them and the guys who charges I installed them in are still going today. I may end up selling this one since I bought a Lestronic 2 automatic on Craigslist last week for $75.00!

If you buy one they send you directions on how to bypass the OBC also in the cart. Very good info for the OBC guys who are having trouble and don't want to spend the money on both.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #4
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Can you post a link to that timer? I have been searching their site and have not found it yet. Thank you!
Bowslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #5
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: Power Drive Auto Charger

Plum Quick parts.
Charger parts
Page #7 half way down.

https://www.onlinecatalogsystem.net/...rchresults.htm
Old 02-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #6
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thank you very much!
Bowslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #7
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: Power Drive Auto Charger

Charger finshed and cut off just like it should. Pack voltage is at 52volts when done. If you buy one make sure you put the protected spades on all the wires. I learned the hard way on the first one I did!

You take the blue and red wires out of the relay and do away with them. I cut the red factory wire going to the diod's and put a spade on it so I could just use what was already there.
Blue wire isn't used at all so it's taped up.
Very simple hook up on this and if you need help PM me.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

This is nice. I'm impressed. The only feature You'll lose with the elimination of the obc that I can foresee people wanting to retain is the solenoid lock-out. I think it would be very easy however to install a secondary relay to open the circuit on the modified OBC wire to kill the power and keep the controller or solenoid from powering up when the charger is plugged in. Considering the fact that you've now got a dead wire in the three pin charger plug (The Blue one) you'd be able to use that wire to trigger that feature.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #9
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Question Re: Power Drive Auto Charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
This is nice. I'm impressed. The only feature I can foresee people wanting to retain is the solenoid lock-out. I think it would be very easy however to install a secondary relay to open the circuit on the modified OBC wire to kill the power and keep the controller or solenoid from powering up when the charger is plugged in. Considering the fact that you've now got a dead wire in the three pin charger plug (The Blue one) you'd be able to use that wire to trigger that feature.
I don't know anything about the cart side as I haven't got the OBC anymore in the cart. it was trash when I bought it so it's a series cart now with a new PQ motor. I just scanned the directions that were sent with the timmer.
As far as how it works I have know clue. I wished there was a cheaper way to make one of these chargers auto but so far this is the only one I know of.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/extre...xtreme-me.html

Daughters cart.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car