lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2012, 11:50 PM   #1
Tmth
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 precedent radio install?

I'm installing a dash kit with a radio my question is where is the best place to get 12v and ground for the radio? I installed a light kit and I used the blue wire off batt 4 should I use the red off batt 1 for the radio?
Tmth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2012, 04:40 AM   #2
kbrehbay
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2007 precedent radio install?

Use your meter and find 12v on the battery pac. You may want to consider installing a voltage reducer so you can draw from the whole pac.
kbrehbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrehbay View Post
Use your meter and find 12v on the battery pac. You may want to consider installing a voltage reducer so you can draw from the whole pac.
I would do that or add a seperate 12volt battery. I will add a seperate 12 volt for mine to take care of all the accesories. (I haven't added any electrical accesories yet)
89GatorClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #4
rinman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would either go with the voltage reducer or the auxiliary battery. The reducer will work well if you don't have many accessories and don't mind losing some run time on your batteries. If you plan to have more accessories I highly recommend installing an auxiliary battery that way there is no affect on run time.

There are several threads you can look at on this topic. It really a matter preference.
rinman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12v and ground
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car