lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2012, 02:42 PM   #11
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: OBC part numbers

That's not supposed to be a bolt. That's supposed to be a hole for the main negative cable to run through. Not sure why anyone would have plugged it with a bolt.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2012, 03:07 PM   #12
robnhood
Getting Wild
Club Car

the hole is still there under the wires. on the other side of the OBC it is sticking out molded around the bolt (looks made that way on purpose) i looked in the sticky (cart year for 99) and it is in the picture there also but i didn't see anything connected to it. I also checked 3 other carts here at work to compare to and none of them had the bolt the cart i pulled it off of had a horn hooked up but not taking my time i forgot to mark the wires. could it be just a place to connect a ground wire for accessories?
robnhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #13
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I see the hole now below the other wires... Regardless, don't use that bolt for anything. I don't know what that is, nor have I ever seen one. Maybe it's been there, but it serves no point so I haven't noticed it. All of your negative wires need to go to B- on the controller. Don't "Bolt" anything "to" the OBC
Old 07-18-2012, 05:58 AM   #14
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . look at first pic he posted of OBC . . note label . . has: " CAUTION: NEGATIVE BATTERY VOLTAGE " with an arrow pointing in direction of the "bolt" . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:19 AM   #15
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
. . look at first pic he posted of OBC . . note label . . has: " CAUTION: NEGATIVE BATTERY VOLTAGE " with an arrow pointing in direction of the "bolt" . .
Yeah I see it... Regardless, it's not used for anything. Club Car has never grounded anything to the OBC
Old 07-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #16
robnhood
Getting Wild
Club Car

thanks for the info again guys. hopefully it will be hooked up tonight and charging with no problems. got to get it going so i can win my next tournaments in style! (well maybe not style but atleast the fastest team on the course) if that obc works i can start my next Build and build it right like so many of you guys have done from the ground up and Fast! If i can outrun the new RXV's ill be set for a while!
Old 07-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #17
robnhood
Getting Wild
Club Car

got the replacement obc hooked up and the cart is running fine but the charger is still not shutting off. tried on a second charger and the same thing happened no shut off. i guess the replacement was bad.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:51 PM   #18
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnhood View Post
got the replacement obc hooked up and the cart is running fine but the charger is still not shutting off. tried on a second charger and the same thing happened no shut off. i guess the replacement was bad.
How long was the charger left on for?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:26 PM   #19
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I agree with erict. I'd like to know how long you let it attempt to charge. The first charge cycle on a new OBC may be up to 16 hours. Plug it in and let it go.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:30 AM   #20
robnhood
Getting Wild
Club Car

i think i cut it off at 14 hours. i will plug it in at lunch and let it go all night. thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car