lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2010, 09:51 PM   #1
ky_mike
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Newbie Restoring a G1

So yes...I've never messed with a golf cart before, but I have apparently been bitten by the golf cart bug.

I found this little gem tucked away behind a relatives house and figured why the heck not.

I know it's a Yamaha G1, just not sure what the year is. I checked all the places that I found in other topics for the serial number and the only thing I can find is on the engine where it is stamped:

J1000

I'm guessing 1979 from looking at the serial number chart, but I'm not sure. It is stamped as I typed it and there are no dashes in it (ex. J10-00233). Once I find out for sure which year it is I plan on getting the service manual.

Here are my technical assistants helping me tow it into the garage..

Anyways, I plan on documenting my progress with this beast throughout the whole restoring process. Probably going to take a few months depending on money and time but I am excited. There is a lot of good information on this site and helpful people.
ky_mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha