lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2014, 09:45 AM   #31
sunking
Gone Wild

Default Re: Converting to Lithium

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjylafond View Post
I haven't had any problems with the ones I bought and when you buy them from Hybrid Auto Center, they also fabricate a harness to connect all the modules in series so install is easy and quick. I've put about 60 full rounds of golf on mine with no loss in run time (in fact, I don't know if it is the battery chemistry or what, but my cart actually has about 25% more run time now then it did for the first month or so). This was a lot cheaper than the other Lithium options and in my opinion worth it.
Sorry did not mean they would not work. All I am saying is they are being sold with half truth. Yes they are New, and they are also Rejects. The issue was in warmer climates Nissan was getting hammered with warranty claims from dead batteries, or very poor range. The batteries were over heating. That should not be a problem in a cart. If it were e my issue at this point in time is now that it has been 3 years sitting on a shelf is the batteries self discharging to a brick. As long as your cells are working should be OK. Just trying to make you aware of what you bought.

Quote:
My last 2 sets of Trojan T105's were only lasting about 2 years (with good maintenance) before they really started to lose juice.
That is fairly typical. A good set of lithium should last around 10 years. So in the long term they are less expensive. In addition one heck of a performance boost, and range boost. Roughly speaking it takes 100 AH of lithium to equal 225 AH of lead acid. It also shave a few hundred pounds of dead lead weight off. A 48 volt 225 AH Pb battery weighs around 500 pounds. A 48 volt 100 AH weighs in around 120 pounds. On a 1000 pound cart you reduce curb weight 38% to 620 pounds.
sunking is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-22-2014, 01:48 PM   #32
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Since when did golf cart batteries start lasting 2 years typically !? I'm calling BS on this
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 02:27 PM   #33
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Most folks I know get about 5 years out of their golf cart batteries if they take reasonable care of them. Mine are three years old and they perform just fine.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 03:50 PM   #34
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Since when did golf cart batteries start lasting 2 years typically !? I'm calling BS on this
My last 2 sets of Trojan T105s lasted about 2 years each before I started to see significant losses in performance. I use my cart for about 100 rounds of golf a year. I broke in the second set according to the post on this forum but it didn't seem to make a difference. I regularly checked the water, cleaned the posts, etc. The last set had 1 battery that completely died 3 months after warranty went out.

My cart has a high speed series motor, 6:1 rear end gear and Alltrax AXE4855 (4GA wires when I had FLA batteries). The high performance stuff might be part of the reason they don't seem to last very long. This is why I gave the lithium set up a shot.
benjylafond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 04:41 PM   #35
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
My cart has a high speed series motor, 6:1 rear end gear
That is why the batteries didn't last.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 08:39 PM   #36
branson
Not here yet

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
I agree that should be a torque motor or a stock gear
branson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 09:08 AM   #37
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
Yes, it was a little slow off the line with the FLA batteries, but it hauls a**! Lithium batteries took care of the acceleration issue, it spins the rear tires now, even with the 6:1 gear! Amazing what dropping almost 400 pounds will do!
Old 12-23-2014, 10:08 AM   #38
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Amazing what dropping almost 400 pounds will do!
A lot of jokes could be made there.....
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 11:02 AM   #39
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
A lot of jokes could be made there.....
I aim to please.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:09 AM   #40
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes so - shaving 40% of the carts weight and figuring higher discharge of lithium should make a big difference.
I can tell you the average useful life span of a wet cell battery pack is 5 yrs with many cases of 6-9 yrs of use.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO