lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2008, 04:49 PM   #21
FlemmingDenmark
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: problems

Hi there.

Sounds to me like a slightly bend Pistonrod. Less travel less compression. Take out both sparkpluggs, take a good long screwdriver, and insert it in the "good" cylinder. Turn engine by hand, and remember to disconnect the battery, if you accedently hit the gaspedal while doing this, and the engine starts to turn over, you could get hurt.

Mark the point of top dead center, (when the screwdriver starts to go down again) on the screwdriver. use the top of the engineblock as fixed point, or the top of sparkplug hole. Insert the screwdriver in the other cylinder, and start all over. Any dissimilarity will result in uneven rpm. Maybe the engine will be a bit more noisy, shaking more. In bad cases, the compression on the bad cylinder will not be enough to help the engines rpm, so it feels like it´s only running on one cylinder.
(If you also messure the lowest point of travel, you can see just how much the pistonrod are bent, if it is bent)

This is a really good and lowteck way to inspekt piston travel.

It might also be a good idea to check the oil. If it smells burned, the engine have been working to hard, and lubrication of the pistonrods have been missing.

Try it out, and see what happenes
FlemmingDenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2008, 07:04 PM   #22
mental
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

there the same and it runs fine, its just that rear end problem now. it sounds like the gerars arn't meshing. reverse workes just fine but it wont go forward at all
mental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:20 PM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It sounds like we are getting closer to the problem. Have you tried pushing on the levers at the rear end after you shifted to see if it is all the way into gear? Have a nice day!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:28 PM   #24
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mental View Post
there the same and it runs fine, its just that rear end problem now. it sounds like the gerars arn't meshing. reverse workes just fine but it wont go forward at all

You have either a problem in the transmission or you need to adjust the F/R selector cables. It kinda confusing because at first you said it wouldn't run...now you say it runs but it won't go in forward.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:36 AM   #25
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
You have either a problem in the transmission or you need to adjust the F/R selector cables. It kinda confusing because at first you said it wouldn't run...now you say it runs but it won't go in forward.
I think it was not running, then it was running and not taking off as fast as it use to, and now it doesn't take off at all but can back up. I'm not sure what "sounds like the gerars arn't meshing" is suppose to sound like.... seems like that wouldn't make a sound at all.
sounded like a hub stripping out to me, easy enough to check, just put it in forward and if the nut that holds the right rear drum on is spinning it's a stripped hub. could be cable related, that model only has one cable for the shifting so it's more prone to work or not and not do the half azz stuff like the 2 cable systems do. If you check those two things and they're working right then it would surely be a problem in the rear end
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 07:36 PM   #26
mental
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

they all checked out fine, so is there any techneik behind taking the rear end apart or just start un screwin and hope fer the best
Old 12-22-2008, 01:20 AM   #27
technician#2
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Did you check the rear right wheel for a stripped hub? I had the same thing happen to me, on my very first run, backed up just fine, went down the hill just fine, made a turn, and that was as far as it went.And being my first cart, I thought the rear end was a goner. Ruredy helped me out on that problem (thanx again Jon!). Since I had all original wheels, they still had the plastic center covers over the axle nuts, and you could not tell that the axle was spinning without pulling a wheel, taking off the nut, and pulling off the hub. Stripped all to sh!t. If that's it, tighten the crap outta the nut when you put the hub back on, or it will do it again?!?
Hope this helps ya.
technician#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:18 AM   #28
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I the cart goes in reverse and won't go in forward how is that a striped hub? A striped hub would be a no go either way...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:32 AM   #29
ruredy
Born Wild

In his earlier post the cart was going forward, all it takes is a little resistance and they'll pull backwards on the good hub. anyway doesn't matter, he said the hubs were good so now he needs to take the rest of the rear apart to figure out whats wrong.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:24 AM   #30
mental
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

so i was thinkin, you said to pull the right hub, so i did and it was fine, so i decided to check the other and it dosnt have any teeth on it at all, im not sure if it is supposed too or not. if not then y is the spline of the axle all the teeth are ground down? should i replace the axle or just buy a new hub and pound it on with a block of wood and c how long it lasts.

Tags
please help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO