lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2016, 02:53 PM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Newbie needing motor guidance

Since the guy at D&D knew you'll be feeding their motor with an Alltrax DCX600PDS controller, he more than likely shipped you something other than a 502-001 or 502-002.

As I previously mentioned: Some of Alltrax's field maps exceed D&D's recommended field weakening limits, which can make the motor run hotter and the hotter a motor runs, the shorter its life expectancy.

Let us know what motor you receive.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2016, 02:55 PM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes, lots of running these motors and controls with no problem.
I'm running 502.1 with XCT500 on 42v in my PDS cart = 25 mph and lots of torque, no problem.
Johnnie has a different set up in his which is listed in his signature.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 04:13 PM   #23
Iflyasa
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Yes, lots of running these motors and controls with no problem.
I'm running 502.1 with XCT500 on 42v in my PDS cart = 25 mph and lots of torque, no problem.
Johnnie has a different set up in his which is listed in his signature.
What size tires are you using?
Iflyasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 10:11 PM   #24
EZGO_N_TAHOE
Not Yet Wild

Interesting reading these posts about Alltrax and D&D motors....I called D&D yesterday, and they recommended the 502-001 motor with my 400 amp Alltrax controller......I then called Alltrax, and they absolutely told me NOT to get that motor, said it is not advised with my set up (something about not having the right field map for that motor) They said for me to go with the Admiral MOT-B2 motor with my set up. Now I don't know what motor to buy
EZGO_N_TAHOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 08:40 AM   #25
Iflyasa
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZGO_N_TAHOE View Post
Interesting reading these posts about Alltrax and D&D motors....I called D&D yesterday, and they recommended the 502-001 motor with my 400 amp Alltrax controller......I then called Alltrax, and they absolutely told me NOT to get that motor, said it is not advised with my set up (something about not having the right field map for that motor) They said for me to go with the Admiral MOT-B2 motor with my set up. Now I don't know what motor to buy
Isn't that crazy? I'm worried now to see what motor they sent me. It still hasn't arrived yet. I never knew there was so much politics with motors and controllers. It seems like someone here has your exact setup with that motor and there's is fine. Who knows.
Old 01-30-2016, 11:35 AM   #26
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I suspect the problem isn't so much motors or controllers as it is field maps and what is considered proprietary information not being shared by the two companies.

If the lawyers and accountants of both companies would take a vacation and let their engineers have a beer summit, they would very likely come up with field maps that provide both performance and longevity before the first case of PBR was consumed.
Old 01-30-2016, 01:38 PM   #27
Iflyasa
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
I suspect the problem isn't so much motors or controllers as it is field maps and what is considered proprietary information not being shared by the two companies.

If the lawyers and accountants of both companies would take a vacation and let their engineers have a beer summit, they would very likely come up with field maps that provide both performance and longevity before the first case of PBR was consumed.
D&D told me field map 4
Old 01-30-2016, 03:05 PM   #28
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iflyasa View Post
D&D told me field map 4
Map #4 was written for the stock PDS motor, but is compatible with other make/model motors.

Since that is the map D&D said to use, it ought to be compatible with the motor they are sending.

FWIW: It is the same map I used with my ES-76-51 motor when I was feeding it with a DCX500.
Old 01-30-2016, 07:02 PM   #29
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iflyasa View Post
Isn't that crazy? I'm worried now to see what motor they sent me. It still hasn't arrived yet. I never knew there was so much politics with motors and controllers. It seems like someone here has your exact setup with that motor and there's is fine. Who knows.
I'm running the Admiral mot-b2 in my 96 ezgo sepex, it's an 8hp motor and at 48 v the torque will surprise you. not bad at 36v either, at 36v with 205-65-10tires it will top out at a little over 27mph, aint sayin what it does at 48v
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 09:17 PM   #30
EZGO_N_TAHOE
Not Yet Wild

I think that Admiral MOT-B2 motor is what I will go with....Curious to see what motor D&D sent you and what the results are..
EZGO_N_TAHOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO