lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2016, 10:31 PM   #11
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bought a Cheap Dead RXV

The EM brake circuit is routed through those connectors. If the connectors were cut out, the brakes will not get power and you'll get a brake error. Let me get a photo of the harness diagram for you.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2016, 10:49 PM   #12
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Here is the wiring diagram.

Pre05-12-09MainHarness.jpg
Old 08-25-2016, 11:50 PM   #13
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

I have a spare Danaher main harnesses for a 2Five, part number 609397, but it is slightly different from the RXV harness. I also have the spare plastic cover that goes to it. The 2Five has hydraulic brakes in addition to the regen and EM brake, so it does not have the Brake Switch or that wiring. In the 2Five, they bypass the Brake Switch by essentially connecting the Brake Switch white and red wires together near the #1 connector. The 2Five also does not have a State of Charge meter, as that is built into the Speedometer unit.

This harness has the tow switch, buzzer, and #1/#2/#3/#4 connectors that you are missing. It would probably be easier to transplant the Brake Switch and SOC connectors/wires from your harness to this 2Five harness than it would be to trace out where the other connectors/wires were cut out of your harness and try to fix it.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:18 AM   #14
Isaac-1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I am not sure if it has been mentioned here, but the RXV will not run if it senses the back up buzzer is missing or disconnected.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 04:48 AM   #15
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Correct. Any missing component or connection that is tested at powerup, will trigger a failure during POST.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:44 AM   #16
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Bob, are you interested in selling your wiring harness. I am missing some important stuff. That is strange too, because just to give it a once over I would think it is only missing a buzzer and a switch. I wondered if the buzzer would need to be in there for a pass on the controller. I am assuming that the buzzer, switch, #1/#2/#3/#4 connectors, and instructions for brake release are on or under that plastic shield?
sleeplesstwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 02:58 PM   #17
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeplesstwo View Post
Bob, are you interested in selling your wiring harness. I am missing some important stuff. That is strange too, because just to give it a once over I would think it is only missing a buzzer and a switch. I wondered if the buzzer would need to be in there for a pass on the controller. I am assuming that the buzzer, switch, #1/#2/#3/#4 connectors, and instructions for brake release are on or under that plastic shield?
Yes, both the buzzer and tow switch being not there will initiate fault codes that will prevent the controller from passing the POST. The harness is not for sale, but you can have it for free. Just cover the shipping and it's yours. If you would like me to graft the Brake Switch & SOC connectors/wiring from your old harness into this one, you can send me your old harness and I am willing to do that for you at no charge. That way you'll get back a harness that is ready to Plug N Play. Otherwise, send me a PM with your address and I'll box it up and get it on its way to you. You have the wiring diagram I posted to work with if you feel that you can do it yourself.

Bob
Old 08-26-2016, 09:45 PM   #18
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would really appreciate that! Thank you for the offer to install the SOC and brake connector. I think I should have no trouble installing them. I have a soldering gun and heat shrink, unless there is a special procedure other than that. PM coming.
sleeplesstwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 04:36 AM   #19
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Not a problem. I'm just glad that I can others with what I've learned. After dealing with E-Z-Go for over a month, and spending thousand of $ on parts with them, I decided enough was enough...

At least it's over now. We now know that the brand new controller that the dealer installed was defective from the start. The dealer is so frustrated that he does not want to see me or my carts ever again.

Bob
Old 08-27-2016, 07:22 AM   #20
David mcnamara
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just curious, what does an automaton tech at Southern Illinois University do?
David mcnamara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo rxv brake
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO