lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2016, 07:41 AM   #21
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bought a Cheap Dead RXV

My crew and I take care of large scale building controls. It involves a lot of different things. Some of the things we do are: Heating and cooling controls in our buildings, and the networking, logging and storing data of those devices, Installation and programming of these devices. We also take care of video surveillance cameras, network video storage servers. In the scope of our work we also install and maintain door access controls and hardware. We pretty much look at you, let you in, and make you comfortable. At the bottom of job description it also says "and other duties as assigned". That can get interesting and a bit challenging sometimes. Budget woes of the State of Illinois have made things very strained, but we will get through.
sleeplesstwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2016, 08:22 PM   #22
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you Bob for the awesome wiring harness. I can see now that I was missing a couple of vital things. I will install the harness as soon as possible and post the outcome.
Old 08-30-2016, 04:45 AM   #23
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

I'm glad it arrived. Even without the SOC and brake switch connections, it should work as-is and get you past your POST errors so the cart can be tested for proper operation. The brake switch circuit is internally bypassed (A 2Five does not have a brake switch). After you confirm that all is well with your controller and everything else, then I would suggest adding those wires and connectors from your old harness. The SOC meter connector has 3 wires, Key switched +48V power (red), - power return (black), and the SOC 0-5V output from the Danaher controller, pin 11 (grey). The red and white wires for your brake switch connector go in series with the red wire from the #1 connector. The purpose of the brake switch is to apply the motor brake when you press the brake pedal to a set percentage of brake application. If you have any trouble, refer to that wiring diagram that I posted. I think I included the run plug with that harness. The run plug simply jumpers +48V power and - power return for the motor brake circuit so the cart can be operated.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 07:00 PM   #24
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

I found the new style solenoid for that harness today when I was going through my pile of parts looking for something else. Your cart may have the old style solenoid that is wired into the harness instead of using the red and black wires with small ring terminals. You can splice the wires and use the old harness, it's just easier with the new style.

Bob
Old 09-02-2016, 07:40 PM   #25
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeplesstwo View Post
Thank you Bob for the awesome wiring harness. I can see now that I was missing a couple of vital things. I will install the harness as soon as possible and post the outcome.
off topic
Nice rack what bow do you use
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:03 PM   #26
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
I found the new style solenoid for that harness today when I was going through my pile of parts looking for something else. Your cart may have the old style solenoid that is wired into the harness instead of using the red and black wires with small ring terminals. You can splice the wires and use the old harness, it's just easier with the new style.

Bob
I typoed and my edit time limit expired. This is what I meant.

You can splice the wires and use your old solenoid, it's just easier with the new style solenoid.
Old 09-03-2016, 06:06 AM   #27
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
off topic
Nice rack what bow do you use
Hunting is always on topic for me! I am a addict for traditional style hunting. Have been pretty much my whole life. The bow in the picture is a custom made recurve made of chestnut and bamboo. It is a work of art, and a pleasure to shoot. It was built by a great guy in Texas by the name of Rick Erdman. He no longer makes bows, and that is a shame. I have been blessed to be able to take some fine animals with it from north of the arctic circle to our southern most border with Mexico.
Old 09-03-2016, 06:15 AM   #28
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I haven't been able to grab the time to put my new harness in yet, but on a quick once over I did not notice any missing connectors. Looks like the SOC and brake switch connectors are on it. Were they supposed to be missing, or do I need to replace them because they were bad.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:37 AM   #29
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeplesstwo View Post
I haven't been able to grab the time to put my new harness in yet, but on a quick once over I did not notice any missing connectors. Looks like the SOC and brake switch connectors are on it. Were they supposed to be missing, or do I need to replace them because they were bad.
It's possible that I installed a brake switch connector, but I did not think I did because that harness was for my 2Five, which does not use the brake switch. As for the SOC meter, you are probably seeing the speedometer connector, which the 2Five uses in place of a SOC meter, as SOC is built into the speedometer. The speedometer connector is larger and uses the CANBus, while the SOC meter uses the same power connections but runs a grey wire for 0-5VDC, all the way back to the 23 pin Danaher controller connector. There was nothing bad on that harness, the only reason it was replaced was because E-Z-GO insisted that it was likely bad because they felt that it could not have been a defective brand new controller that they had the dealer install.

I had checked over every wire of that harness, and I could find nothing wrong with it. After finding nothing wrong with the harness, I put the new controller on the bench and verified the failure mode, but I was not about to share that information with them. They are not aware of my capabilities and I prefer to keep it that way. They are replacing that controller under warranty.

Bob
Old 09-07-2016, 08:00 PM   #30
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Last night I removed the wiring harness from my cart. After a bit of contemplation I decided to take the harness apart that Bob was so gracious to give me, and use his to replace the parts somebody had cut off. Just to be on the safe side, I checked every connector and wire. I soldered and heat shrink on the new connections. Tonight I put it back in the cart and I am very happy to say it is now back in live action. I will still need to replace the parking brake. It works, but I can hear it dragging. I checked it with the gps on my phone, and it is doing 13mph all out. I am assuming that it is about right for a stock car with stock tires. Thanks again for all the help. I am ready to begin the mods!

Tags
ezgo rxv brake
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO