lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2018, 11:15 PM   #41
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo 350 oil pressure prime

It would be nice to know exactly what your pressure is ? Get a gauge connected to it and let's see ? as others have suggested .

Heck, prime it before you connect the gauge and let's see exactly how much pressure you got when it does put the light out ? Maybe its low to begin with. Drive it with the gauge connected.

It only takes 4 pounds of pressure to put that light out
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2018, 12:14 AM   #42
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

maybe go to conventional oil. maybe straight 30w, your far enough south that would be ok.
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 03:42 PM   #43
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I don't have an oil pressure gauge, will have to pick one up.

I did try heavier conventional dino oil. No change whatsoever. Only thing left that I haven't replaced is the oil pump or even the entire side cover if I can find one. Don't know what else I could possibly try lol
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:27 PM   #44
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I don't have an oil pressure gauge, will have to pick one up.

I did try heavier conventional dino oil. No change whatsoever. Only thing left that I haven't replaced is the oil pump or even the entire side cover if I can find one. Don't know what else I could possibly try lol
If I remember correctly there is 2 different side cover plates for the pre-mci engines,one has two more bolt holes than the other so if you start looking for a replacement just be sure which one you have .
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:02 PM   #45
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Yeah, mine is a 2007 so it's a MCI motor. I've seen a lot with the sending unit on top the cover, mine is on the side.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:17 PM   #46
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Yeah, mine is a 2007 so it's a MCI motor. I've seen a lot with the sending unit on top the cover, mine is on the side.
My bad,I forgot yours was the MCI .
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:39 PM   #47
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Ok. With prime oil pressure is good. When I rev it, went up to about ~50 psi. Holding a lower RPM held pretty steady around 25-30psi. Let it sit for 10 min and back to 0 pressure. The gauge doesnt even move
Old 12-13-2018, 02:47 PM   #48
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

That's about the same oil pressure as mine.

Just thinking out loud here, how can the issue be the pump when pressure is that good when it has oil to pump.

There is an engine rebuilder in Ga. down off I 16 I think? They advertise on E-bay. Wonder if they could shed an light on this?
Old 12-13-2018, 03:50 PM   #49
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well I just googled this issue!

Seems this issue does come up. Most all posts resolve the issue with pump cover or O-ring!

The bad news is the ones that that did not resolve the issue with cover-O-ring, didn't come back to say they ever did!

Some even replaced oil pump, didn't help.

Some one here brought up a crack in engine side cover, Just maybe the next step. Thinking of some way to pull a vacuum on the cover or pressurize it while off the engine. could the side cover be wore where the pump sits?
Old 12-13-2018, 04:13 PM   #50
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

It's certainly possible. I just got back from my local dealer again. He is about as stumped as I am lol. I agree I dont think it's the pump itself, because if I prime it the pressure is great. It's got an air leak that drops the pressure back to 0 after it sits 5-10 minutes.

So I went there to pick up an oil pump, and left with a new (used) oil pump, oil pump cover, and engine side cover he snagged off of a core that had a rod break. I cant thank him enough for all the help he's given me. Their customer service truly is off the charts.

I'll try to get out and pull the motor (again) tonight and replace the entire thing. Hopefully I'll have a good update. If not ill post the pictures of the ezgo burning to the ground.

Either way, it should be a lot of fun lol
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO