lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2019, 02:17 PM   #51
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO TXT 94-01.5 36v DCS - Motor / Controller Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imapled View Post
Golf Cart Upgrade

srhoward can attest to the fact that my cart with the upgrades is a beast. It rips up the trails quite easily. I am going 48v though. Even though I don't need to it just seems like the right thing to do. :)

The on a 45degree incline I went up at about 18km/h. Also hit a deep mud bog and just ground through it. Nothing really caused a significant slow down while running it through the bush.

Cheers,
Impaled
Sounds like your cart is akin to mine, its hill climbing ability is only limited by the traction the tires have.

What is you speed on level pavement?

Going to 48V will up both speed and torque by 33.3%, so the 18KPH (11.2MPH) on the 45° incline ought to increase to 24KPH (14.9MPH).
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2019, 06:17 PM   #52
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Sounds like your cart is akin to mine, its hill climbing ability is only limited by the traction the tires have.

What is you speed on level pavement?

Going to 48V will up both speed and torque by 33.3%, so the 18KPH (11.2MPH) on the 45° incline ought to increase to 24KPH (14.9MPH).
Hi JohnnieB,

On a level pavement, my cart got to 33km/h (20mph) in 120 meters (393 feet) @ 36v. I can't imagine what my cart would be like at 44 km/h. Bit nuts. Thankfully I can lock it down now with the OTF controller.

Cheers,
Impaled
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 06:41 PM   #53
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thank-you for the idea orangeman6. You can indeed take apart the Navitas Speed Controller and modify it. What I did is drilled a hole in the back and moved the wire as there is enough slack in the unit to do this. This way the controller wire comes out the back.

I then mounted it with 5mm screws with big washer to a RHOX DASH-0002A.

I didn't want to take apart the whole unit and do a flush mount. As well, after taking the backing off it felt like it needed to be in the sealed unit. I put a rubber stopper in the old hole at the bottom of the case and moved the wire.

I totally forgot to take pictures of what I did sorry everyone. But, once you take the 4 screws off the back of the case you will see how easy it is to move
the wire it to the back of the case. There isn't miles of slack but, enough to move it so it was a clean install.

Attachment 185487

Attachment 185488

My dash was a bit warped so getting on the cover was not fun but, it is on tight now.

Cheers,
Impaled
That looks like a good solution for that unit. Still contains everything but not so bulky.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 06:46 PM   #54
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Hi JohnnieB,

On a level pavement, my cart got to 33km/h (20mph) in 120 meters (393 feet) @ 36v. I can't imagine what my cart would be like at 44 km/h. Bit nuts. Thankfully I can lock it down now with the OTF controller.

Cheers,
Impaled
I believe there is a steering stabilizer kit for your cart. (Small diameter gas shock absorber that fits on the brackets for the towing bar) That would probably tame it down some. The steering gear is probably worn quite a bit in all the years it has been on the go.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 08:34 PM   #55
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
I believe there is a steering stabilizer kit for your cart. (Small diameter gas shock absorber that fits on the brackets for the towing bar) That would probably tame it down some. The steering gear is probably worn quite a bit in all the years it has been on the go.
They do make a kit.

The challenge is that when I put the new spindle lift kit on I lost the mounting plate that was on the original passenger spindle to mount that kit to. :( So I either have to find someone to weld on a new plate or figure out a way to clamp the other end down to the new spindle. Had I done a drop axle my spindle would still have the mounting plate.

Old passenger side spindle with the extra mounting bracket.

original spindle passenger side.jpg

New spindle that replaced it is from the RHOX LIFT-100 kit and doesn't have that extra part welded to it that the EZGO steering stabilizer kit attaches to. Only works with drop axle kits as you keep your old spindle. :(

To weld one on I would have to bring it to a specialty shop as the new spindle is cast iron and they have to heat the whole spindle and do it right. Been scowering the ATV forums to see if there are any kits that could be clamped to the new drop spindle safely.

Cheers,
Impaled
Old 05-08-2019, 08:55 AM   #56
bobbycason
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
They do make a kit.

The challenge is that when I put the new spindle lift kit on I lost the mounting plate that was on the original passenger spindle to mount that kit to. :( So I either have to find someone to weld on a new plate or figure out a way to clamp the other end down to the new spindle. Had I done a drop axle my spindle would still have the mounting plate.

Old passenger side spindle with the extra mounting bracket.

Attachment 185869

New spindle that replaced it is from the RHOX LIFT-100 kit and doesn't have that extra part welded to it that the EZGO steering stabilizer kit attaches to. Only works with drop axle kits as you keep your old spindle. :(

To weld one on I would have to bring it to a specialty shop as the new spindle is cast iron and they have to heat the whole spindle and do it right. Been scowering the ATV forums to see if there are any kits that could be clamped to the new drop spindle safely.

Cheers,
Impaled
I wouldn't imagine that it would be cast iron as cast iron is very brittle and wouldn't work too well as a suspension part. It's possible that it may be cast steel which is very much weldable.
bobbycason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 07:12 PM   #57
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycason View Post
I wouldn't imagine that it would be cast iron as cast iron is very brittle and wouldn't work too well as a suspension part. It's possible that it may be cast steel which is very much weldable.
You are correct: "Spindles are constructed of cast steel." I am not a welder by any means. I'll check with a welding shop to see what they think. Might be my best mounting solution.

Is it hard to weld? What should I expect on the price to weld on the plate on the spindle?
Old 05-08-2019, 10:44 PM   #58
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Given that you live in a land far, far from here, I'd say click a few pics and contact a few auto collision repair shops. Email them if they aren't close, and they should be able to get you a ball park price. Can you provide the bracket, or will they need to fab one? If all they need to do is weld, it's probably an easy $/hour deal.

I can get stuff welded anywhere from free to several hundred $/hr.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 07:49 AM   #59
bobbycason
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
You are correct: "Spindles are constructed of cast steel." I am not a welder by any means. I'll check with a welding shop to see what they think. Might be my best mounting solution.

Is it hard to weld? What should I expect on the price to weld on the plate on the spindle?
No welding to cast steel is the same as welding carbon steel. We weld carbon steel pipe to cast steel valves all the time in refineries. If you don't have a welding machine any local shop should be able to weld you a tab on there, it doesn't have to be a specialty shop.
bobbycason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 01:43 PM   #60
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycason View Post
No welding to cast steel is the same as welding carbon steel. We weld carbon steel pipe to cast steel valves all the time in refineries. If you don't have a welding machine any local shop should be able to weld you a tab on there, it doesn't have to be a specialty shop.
Thanks for the answer!

I am going to have tabs welded on both spindles and do this:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...lizer-way.html

Thanks!
Impaled
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO