lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2021, 08:26 AM   #1
srlsv
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Presenting my 1996 E-ZGO TXT GAS

Well, as I said in my first thread, I had a friend ho was looking to sell his fathers E-ZGO TXT from 1996. A bit of history from de cart itself: It was first purchased by a golf course next to Barcelona, Spain, and after some time (I don't know exactly when) it was purschased by my friend's father. He was the owner of the driving range in my area (yes, weirdly enough the driving range was not owned by the actual golf course) and used it to push the "trailer" to pick up the balls:

Something like this, but it never had this kind of cage, as the balls were picked up when there was no one on the driving range.

That's why, if you look closely, you'll see the metal structure where the "trailer" was hooked on to:

I've obviously taken that off, not only because it looks horrible; also because I will not use it and it was heavy as hell.

So, it was used for some time to pick up balls until the "trailer" got stolen (yes, very weird) and the owner did not want to buy another one so they decided they would pick up the balls by hand. Thus, the cart got semi-abandoned and was left parked in the green-keeper workshop for a number of years (7-10) years, we can't tell exactly. It was not until summer 2020, the cart was moved to a more accesible place and it was accidentally discovered by me, as I have a weird thing where I remember every golf cart in the area, I instantly called my friend and asked if he wanted to get rid of it. His initial offer was of 500€ (around 620 usd). So I came here asking for what to look out for and after some investigating I decided I was indeed buying the cart. I got the price down to 450€ (550 usd), but after talking my friend into the issues the cart had I got the price down to a final 350€ (around 430 usd).

Once I had payed him, I pushed the cart home with the help of two of my buddies and gave it a propper wash. It did crank but did not start, so I changed the spark plugs to see if that would be it, but it wasn't. Obviously the carb needed some cleening, so I called my mechanic (he is originally a motorbike mechanic) but he was happy to do the job. After being at his workshop for a couple of days, I finally got it back up and running. He changed the oil, cleaned the carb, cleaned the air filter, changed the fuel filter and fixed the fuel pump (apparently it wasn't working either). The bill came out to a total of 180€ (220 usd). So I got myself a golf cart for a total of 530€ (650 usd). Obviously the golf cart isn't pristine but it ran !

Just to give it a more decent look, i re-sprayed the dashboard as it had completely lost the original color, it came out like this (unfotunately I don't have photos of the original state)

Here are some pictures of my first round of golf with it

I hope you guys enjoyed it and feel free to ask any questions!! (excuse me beforehand if there are some spelling mistakes)
srlsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2021, 11:26 AM   #2
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Presenting my 1996 E-ZGO TXT GAS

Very interesting story, I want to see this bad buggy but your pics won't open for me.
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 07:34 AM   #3
srlsv
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Presenting my 1996 E-ZGO TXT GAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabble Inn View Post
Very interesting story, I want to see this bad buggy but your pics won't open for me.
Really? How come? I am able to see them! Is there anything I can do?
srlsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO