lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2021, 09:20 PM   #1
Kstiner
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Question Poor power mainly on hill

Hello hope someone can help me. I have read a couple of post but still need help. I am new to golf cart engines. I have a 2008 EZGO TXT and it seemed to run good last year but now it falls on its face going up a hill or it will just stop all together. I have replaced the carb with what might be a Chinese cheap one,. I changed the plugs, air filter, belt,fuel pump, has new gas, I did a compression test and both are over 150. I have adjusted the valves to .004 they were a little tight, they are a 9 mm nut with what looks to be a square adjustment bolt no slot for screw driver, It might be a 2 or 3 mm head . It will run good in nuterial off the ground on jack stands. It will rev up and kick in the governor. I have read that it might be the clutches but not sure how to test these if you can test at all. Also read that it might be the carb. When I got the cart the carb on it was in really bad shape. Tried cleaning and getting parts. It was better to get new carb is what I thought. Thanks in advance for all your help.
Kstiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2021, 01:29 AM   #2
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Poor power mainly on hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstiner View Post
I have replaced the carb with what might be a Chinese cheap one,.
I think you may have answered your own question! Get a Genuine OEM carb and we should be able to get you sorted.

Quote:
It will rev up and kick in the governor. I have read that it might be the clutches but not sure how to test these if you can test at all.
Run the engine and watch the belt. It should be sitting loosely on the drive clutch shaft ( the black one on the engine) and ride up to the edge of the drive clutch as you raise the rev's.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 05:22 AM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

My first guess would be clutches, but if you used a cheap carb I'd take that off and put the original back on after it's been cleaned, then see what it does.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 07:04 AM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Many of these I’ve seen doing this, that will rev fine on stands but fall in its face under a load are a worn/dirty carb or China carb. New (or clean) oem carb and they’re good to go. Seen it more than once.

Clutches will generally lose power going up a hill but not stumble and fall on its face to the point of dying. Take the belt off the clutches. Grab the sheaves of the rear clutch in each hand and twist them apart. Let go and they should snap back closed pretty quick and hard. If they stay open or slowly creep back together your clutch is bad and needs rebuilt or replaced. If they snap back quick and solid it’s fine look at the carb.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 08:21 AM   #5
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Clean the OEM carb and reinstall, running on stands or without belt might as you say run fine due to no load, put the belt on and put under a load and it's basically running out of gas.
More load, more gas.
Do this before messing with clutches....
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 09:01 PM   #6
Kstiner
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Cool Re: Poor power mainly on hill

Thanks for the replys. The bad news is I no longer have the OEM carb and now I don't know which one to get.

My date code for the cart is G2907
My engine is a Robin but not sure on CC
Engine product number is EH292CE10027313
Engine serial number is 1063556

Thanks again on all the help. Will order new carb when I find out which one to get.
Kstiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 10:16 PM   #7
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Looks like you have an 9 hp MCI engine. There are new carbs available.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO