lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2021, 08:41 PM   #1
Justincox08
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO TXT PDS ITS Throttle adjust

I have an EZGO TXT (I think 2006 if I remember) that started being real jerky if trying to take off slow. I realized the solenoid is kicking in the same time it tries to accelerate. I believe there should be more of a delay here.

I looked in the ITS box and tried to adjust it a little bit but the plunger was alright right against the micro switch cam. It seems the plunger is entering the throttle block the same time the micro switch is being activated.

Can anyone help me out here? Not sure if I need to adjust something or maybe something needs replaced?

Thanks
Justincox08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2021, 08:50 PM   #2
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO TXT PDS ITS Throttle adjust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justincox08 View Post
I have an EZGO TXT (I think 2006 if I remember) that started being real jerky if trying to take off slow. I realized the solenoid is kicking in the same time it tries to accelerate. I believe there should be more of a delay here.

I looked in the ITS box and tried to adjust it a little bit but the plunger was alright right against the micro switch cam. It seems the plunger is entering the throttle block the same time the micro switch is being activated.

Can anyone help me out here? Not sure if I need to adjust something or maybe something needs replaced?

Thanks
That plunger is threaded on to the throttle rod and secured with a lock nut. You have to loosen the lock nut and back the plunger back away from the ITS until you get the desired delay between microswitch activation and throttle activity. Re-lock the nut when you get it where you want it.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 03:20 AM   #3
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

There is a given distance between the plunger and the ITS, half an Inch or so, you should find it in the repair /service manual.

Maybe this description will help:
Break the allen screw loose with a 5/64th allen wrench.
Loosen the 1/4" jamnut with a 7/16" open end wrench (hold the slide end with a open end 9/16" wrench).
Back the 1/4" jam nut off several turns.
Adjust the switch cam in or out to make the micro switch click before the the slide tube can enter the ITS upon pedal depression.
With full pedal depression the slide tube must be flush with the end of the ITS (some protrusion is ok).
Once the adjustments are complete tighten the allen screw and jam nut.
Test drive the golf cart and what you should hear is the solenoid click upon pedal depression and as you continue to depress the pedal
the golf cart shouls smoothly take off.
Full power should be felt with the pedal fully depressed
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 07:34 AM   #4
Justincox08
Not Yet Wild

The only two things on this is the plunger and the switch cam. The switch cam seems to be the lock nut for the threaded plunger. So moving those forward or backwards doesn't change the delay from the micro switch. It only seems to adjust throttle percentage.

I think there might be two different ITS versions? Because mine does not have an allen screw or a separate lock nut? Maybe I'm missing something. Mine has the parts listed in this diagram.

Old 06-16-2021, 08:21 AM   #5
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I never paid any attention before but I think you might be right on 2 different styles. I have a spare out in the shop that I just opened and looked at. It is from a series cart and I believe you said yours was PDS. On mine, there is a locknut on the shaft, on the pedal side of the "cam" that operates the switch. A 7/16 wrench loosens it ( you have to hold the nut on the plunger with a 9/16 wrench while you loosen the locknut ) I can back that lock nut off and turn the plunger with my fingers to adjust. At top pedal I have about 3/16th inch gap between the plunger and the ITS. The microswitch activates just before the plunger enters the ITS. If you adjust it too far away from the ITS then the cam will move so far that the roller wheel on the microswitch will fall off the backside of the cam and will break the switch the next time you press the pedal. Maybe someone can weigh in who can have a look at a PDS pedal assembly. Mine is obviously different.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0005.JPG (338.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-16-2021, 08:30 AM   #6
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I also notice that the cam on yours is half again as wide as mine, making the plunger have to travel farther to activate the switch. By the time it does, the plunger is entering the ITS.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:33 AM   #7
Scott quail
Gone Wild

The ITS could just be bad. There is a lot of rust in that picture and the ITS does not like water. It could be signaling the throttle position incorrectly. Ive seen an Its go to 100% as soon as it enters and back to 0 the further it gets pressed. Maybe try changing the ITS.
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:37 AM   #8
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott quail View Post
The ITS could just be bad. There is a lot of rust in that picture and the ITS does not like water. It could be signaling the throttle position incorrectly. Ive seen an Its go to 100% as soon as it enters and back to 0 the further it gets pressed. Maybe try changing the ITS.
The rust is on mine, not the one in question. I just got it out of a box of spare parts to look at. It is from a series cart and is made different than Justin's.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:43 AM   #9
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Oh OK. Gotcha. The issue could still be the ITS. Have you tried changing it? It will make the cart do what you have explained.
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:44 AM   #10
Justincox08
Not Yet Wild

Thank you guys for your help so far.

The cart didn't do this last year so I'm not sure it actually needs adjusting unless something somehow moved? I think I may already have a spare ITS sitting on the shelf which I will swap out just to see if it fixes it. I also found on another thread that the Alltrax controller has a way to reset the "Learned" throttle.(forgot to mention the controller) So maybe its in the controller?

I'll try these things out tonight and see if it helps.

Thanks again.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO